Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Which Container Company do I choose??

Which Container Company do I choose??

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond reputeMr Lee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Container Company do I choose??

We had no problem with beds/mattresses.

Bikes/hiking boots were steam cleaned but nothing was questioned.

We were messed about by Robinsons - as others have been here, Anglo-Pacific were way over what we wanted to pay and in the end, we went with White & Co.

Very professional, very quick, absolutely nothing broken and their office was great to deal with.

I'd recommend them. Shame about the shoddy salesperson though!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 7:27 am
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mels123
Just checked the Ikea bed sizes and they are different to the UK ones!! So looks like we are going to leave the bed now too unlike we take a new matress with us. Might be just as easy to buy new ones over there.

With regard to the trampoline, they told us just to wash it down and that should be fine.

We'ree still none the wiser which company to use though arrghhhh....
Join the club - we have been given four quotes and each one gave me different cubic feet, even though they all came out and saw my stuff. Saying that, the guys from Whites sat on his butt the whole time and didn't go look - I could barely be bothered to talk to him he was so useless.

2 of the 4 use associates in Canada (Bishops and Whites) as opposed to the same company both sides (Pickfords - who never got me the damn list of what they had quote on even tho I asked twice!! and Britannia)

Anyone got any thoughts on this - is it just as safe to use associate companies (both said the UK based compaies would be held responsible and any questions can go through them)???
Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ki76
Join the club - we have been given four quotes and each one gave me different cubic feet, even though they all came out and saw my stuff. Saying that, the guys from Whites sat on his butt the whole time and didn't go look - I could barely be bothered to talk to him he was so useless.

2 of the 4 use associates in Canada (Bishops and Whites) as opposed to the same company both sides (Pickfords - who never got me the damn list of what they had quote on even tho I asked twice!! and Britannia)

Anyone got any thoughts on this - is it just as safe to use associate companies (both said the UK based compaies would be held responsible and any questions can go through them)???
We didn't have any problem with PSS who used an associate company at the Calgary end. Can't see that it should really be a problem since the hard part is making sure that everything is properly packed and documented at the UK end.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Posidrive
We didn't have any problem with PSS who used an associate company at the Calgary end. Can't see that it should really be a problem since the hard part is making sure that everything is properly packed and documented at the UK end.
We have PSS coming in next Monday to quote so it will be interesting to see what price we get and how good they are. They seem to be well recommended so will let you know how we go.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Posidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond reputePosidrive has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
We have PSS coming in next Monday to quote so it will be interesting to see what price we get and how good they are. They seem to be well recommended so will let you know how we go.
They were very proefessional and efficient and with what we have unpacked so far have not found any damage or breakages at all.

Only sight issue was that they underestimated the volume. Can't really blame them that much because we had a vast amount of stuff in our loft that was not easy to get at, which although if common sense had prevailed we would not have shipped, had too much sentimental value.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:16 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

PSS?
Old Oct 4th 2006, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

PSS?
I think we're going to go with White and Co as they quoted 633 cubic feet so allows for any extra items we have not accounted for. The way to work out which is the best value for money is to divide the cubic feet by the price to work out how much they are charging per cubic foot. I asked the Maths teacher at work how to work it out lol! I also wanted to try and visualise how much 100 cubic foot was. He said it is approx 4.5 feet x 4.5 feet x 4.5 feet. It is difficult to imagine the volume though!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

PSS?
The are a comparitivly small family run removals company who do nothing but international removals. We found them at the Emigrate show a few years ago
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:24 pm
Bright light!!

The are a comparitivly small family run removals company who do nothing but international removals. We found them at the Emigrate show a few years ago
Oh right - and you'd recommend them?

wonder if they do from Devon....

Do you have contact details by any chance??
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the website.

http://www.pss.uk.com/

We also saw them at emigrate show and our immigration consultant recommended them.

Printer.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:39 pm
Bright light!!

Here's the website.

We also saw them at emigrate show and our immigration consultant recommended them.

Printer.
Cheers
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mels123
Answers on a postcard please!!
Just went and paid for my shipping, based on 800 cu ft of a shared container to Vancouver. The cost was £3265.00 and this included supply of cartons and packing material, wrapping, collection from my home, and going in to storage, inventory preparation and export documentation, export wrapping, shipping to Canada, customs clearance, delivery to residence, unpacking/unwrapping, setting up of furniture, and removal of debris. The cost of insurance was £290.04 and was 2.5% of the insured items value, I only nominated about a dozen items of furniture for insurance as most of the rest was not truly valuable and I could live with out.

This was all through Burke Bros of Wolverhampton Tel. 01902 714555

Dozzzzy
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

The guys who packed us in High Wycombe had been in Glasgow a few weeks earlier so I can't see Devon being a problem. The web site has some good stuff on it.

Head Office
1-3 Pegasus Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 4PS
Other Enquiries: E-mail ~ '[email protected]'
Tel ~ 020 8686 7733
Fax ~ 020 8686 7799
Old Oct 4th 2006, 6:47 pm
Bright light!!

The guys who packed us in High Wycombe had been in Glasgow a few weeks earlier so I can't see Devon being a problem. The web site has some good stuff on it.

Head Office
1-3 Pegasus Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 4PS
Other Enquiries: E-mail ~ '[email protected]'
Tel ~ 020 8686 7733
Fax ~ 020 8686 7799
Thanks
Old Oct 9th 2006, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just to add to this thread, the man from PSS removals has just been and he was very polite and went round the whole house/shed/garage with me itemising all the goods we are taking and worked out we would use about 900 cubic feet (blimey more than i thought) He said this means we would need our own 20ft container so there would be some extra room in it for any undecided things. He estimates £3000 to £4000 range and said delivery would only take 4 weeks and insurance is 2.8% of goods value.
Written quote to follow.

Printer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.