Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Confused.. Why Canada?

Confused.. Why Canada?

Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:09 am
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Confused.. Why Canada?

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
Thanks for the steer...but to be sure I googled it...turns out toronto is in the USA. Who would have thunk it...

http://kids.swaminarayan.org/news/us...nto/photo1.htm

You live and learn...
Yes you do.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Crasher Dai
Look at Alberta....Jobs galore, good pay even for entry levsls or menial jobs, great scenery & people who are much more friendly than those in Toronto where they would rather shoot you!
Alberta is 1) too cold. and 2) too hick. There are some things I DO like about Toronto and the fact that it is cosmopolitan and at least "tries" to be a sophisticated, world class city are a couple of those things.

I am not interested in a job as I run my own business from home.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
Yes you do.
Its official...Toronto is the USA....to be specific...its in Kansas (have heard of that thanks to a lass called Dorothy and something about a yellow brick road)...

http://www.hometownusa.com/ks/Toronto.html

I'm learning so much....
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:26 am
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Its official...Toronto is the USA....to be specific...its in Kansas (have heard of that thanks to a lass called Dorothy and something about a yellow brick road)...

I'm learning so much....
And me, but I keep following it to no avail.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:27 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crasher Dai
This means you have to compete with gazilions of other imigrants including our Asian cousins who will work 18 hrs a day for peanuts
Damn those elephants. Put good honest, hard-working, hard-drinking lumberjacks out of business with their muscular trunks and big flappy ears. It makes you sick.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

I'm learning so much....
It seems that your contributions to this thread are limited to snide remarks and sarcastic comments. Your feeble attempts to sidetrack the discussion are noted.

If you don't have any constructive comments to add to the discussion, I suggest you step out of this thread and take your sarcasm elsewhere.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
I lived in London for 5 years in the early Nineties and have lived in Toronto for over 10 years, so I think I can make a good comparision.
So about 15 years ago? It's changed quite a lot since then. A lot more expensive and probably quite a lot more aggressive and unpleasant.

Toronto is getting more an more expensive. A 2 bedroom condo, close to where I live is around $300K and it is not even on the subway line.
In London this would buy you a small studio-sized flat in a shitty area. I should know, I still own one.

You must be joking. London is considered one of the culinary capitals of the world. London has more Michelin starred restaurants than Toronto could ever hope to have.
Maybe, but how often do you eat in Michelin-starred restaurants? Eating out is generally pretty pricey. I don't feel that our choice is much more restricted in Vancouver (what we've lost in curry houses we've gained in Sushi restaurants).

Here a downtown consists of Canadian Tire, Walmart, Tim Hortons, McDonalds. Ugly, depressing, deserted downtowns with punk kids hanging around.
Much like most British city centres.

It is exactly the same here. They work all day and go to their little houses in the suburbs at night. They have NO LIFE.
Like a lot of people in London.

I really don't think you can compare London to Toronto. They are not even in the same league. London has been the center of the finance and culture for centuries. The amount of cultural pursuits in London are absolutely staggering. And London is going to grow and become even more important as time goes on.
True enough, but the daily grind of living in London nowadays unless you've got a lot of money behind you is pretty depressing.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:36 am

It seems that your contributions to this thread are limited to snide remarks and sarcastic comments. Your feeble attempts to sidetrack the discussion are noted.
I can see you're new around here. Telling everyone how to behave on a forum the day you signed up is tantamount to walking into a pub and telling everyone they're a bunch of cnuts.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't have any constructive comments to add to the discussion, I suggest you step out of this thread and take your sarcasm elsewhere.
get a life....
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

If you think the sarcasm is bad here for god sake don't ever think of moving to Northern Ireland.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:40 am
Reunited

Well that's you told.

Welcome to the world of BE, if you don't like it then I would suggest you leave, no matter what the thread may be about it always has it's way of being diverted, accept it.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:42 am
Reunited

Originally Posted by bazzz
I can see you're new around here. Telling everyone how to behave on a forum the day you signed up is tantamount to walking into a pub and telling everyone they're a bunch of cnuts.
Bazzz we finally agree on something.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raine66
Well that's you told.

Welcome to the world of BE, if you don't like it then I would suggest you leave, no matter what the thread may be about it always has it's way of being diverted, accept it.
so how about those Leafs then?
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:45 am
Reunited

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
so how about those Leafs then?
I don't know don't watch it sat in chat room with no one to talk to. Sad git.

Watch out your going to get in trouble for for hihacking this thread.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bazzz
I was questioning my sanity for a moment...thank goodness there is life out there...

This is the closest I will get to a pub tonight....best make the most if it...

Have a good one...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.