confused

Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

lizziem is on a distinguished road
Default confused

i have a diploma in nursing. contacted the ontario nursing board to say i was disappointed to here that they were only looking for degree trained nurses. i was told by them that i should have my education evaluated by them to see if it can be recognised and accepted. has anyone else out there actually had there diploma accepted through this process. or i am wasting my time or money doing this.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: confused

Yes, Ontario clearly states that they require nurses to have a degree, so don't waste your time just try another province. Like i did,
Old Jun 6th 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

lizziem is on a distinguished road

which provience was that.
i am going for a visit to toronto in july to check out the area;. arranged prior to this degree thing. i am seriously thinking about applying for the post registered practical nurse.diploma needed for this post.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Ontario is the only province requiring a degree. You may need French in Quebec and New Brunswick. Anywhere else you should be OK with a diploma.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:54 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Weeeeeelllllll ......

I am a PT and I had my qualifications (Diploma) assessed by the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy regulating body for equivalency to Canadian trained PT's (all second degrees here now!!) and passed!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 7:14 am
napanee calling

trishandbubs is an unknown quantity at this point

we were looking into Ontario but hubby cant get in on his nursing ticket (diploma again!). So we looked further afield we liked the look of manitoba (?sp) which is next to Ontario but have settled with Nova Scotia. Been speaking to alot of friends we have in America and they have said its the only nice thing about Canada (you know what Americans are like!!). Planning on going on a rekkie next early next year to see what the winter is like then applying later on in the year.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 9:34 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trishandbubs
we were looking into Ontario but hubby cant get in on his nursing ticket (diploma again!). So we looked further afield we liked the look of manitoba (?sp) which is next to Ontario but have settled with Nova Scotia. Been speaking to alot of friends we have in America and they have said its the only nice thing about Canada (you know what Americans are like!!). Planning on going on a rekkie next early next year to see what the winter is like then applying later on in the year.
The only nice thing about America is the border back into Canada

Especially when the customs & immigration officers say "Welcome home" as they said to me when I flew back from Dulles to Toronto

US immigration employs the rudest, stupidest, full of their own importance type of people I have ever had the misfortune to meet. Add to this the Homeland Security SWAT team approach of airport security and you have a mixture which made me want to never fly into the USA.

Last edited by Dave+Jules; Jun 7th 2008 at 9:36 am.