Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Company changed it's name

Company changed it's name

Old Mar 27th 2001, 4:47 am
Just Joined

myself_online has a brilliant futuremyself_online has a brilliant futuremyself_online has a brilliant futuremyself_online has a brilliant futuremyself_online has a brilliant futuremyself_online has a brilliant futuremyself_online has a brilliant future

Hi Friends,

I'm planning to apply for an immigrant visa under the skilled worker category ( Computer programmer ). The company that I first worked for has changed it's name and have physically moved the office location too.I have my old job offer letter, my salry slips, bonus letters etc from my old company with it's old name and address.

Since my original experience letter was not in the format required by the Canadian authorities,I have requested my old company to give me a new experience letter for me during my period of employemnt . This new experience letter is in the letterhead of the new company with the new office address. Would this cause any problems for me while applying for my PR.

All the help I could get in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chou
Old Mar 27th 2001, 3:16 pm
David Cohen

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

It would be best to clearly present the fact that the name and address of the company
had changed, indicating the correct details as of the time of your employment, and
the fact that these changes have taken place. This would avoid a situation in which
contradictory information is available.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law [email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community