Reload this Page >

Collecting Shipped Items

Collecting Shipped Items

Old Oct 20th 2014, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Bordino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Collecting Shipped Items

Hi All,

Im growing really frustrated with the toronto based Monarch international Moving.

My items have been with them since September 17th, I have been trying to organise one of two things with them, a delivery of my items, or for me to collect my items.

I have called, emailed online webchat with their reps, all to no avail. I have asked three direct questions and they never give me an answer.

Can you give me a quote to deliver my items? I have asked three times via phone, twice via email and once on the webchat.

Can I organise a date and time to collect myself? Same as a above

Are you charging me for storage? Same as above

Im not sure if they are avoiding the questions, if the are I really dont understand why, they are a god damn moving company!

Has anyone else had problems getting their items out of customs?

Bordino
Old Oct 20th 2014, 4:05 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Collecting Shipped Items

Originally Posted by Bordino
Hi All,

Im growing really frustrated with the toronto based Monarch international Moving.

My items have been with them since September 17th, I have been trying to organise one of two things with them, a delivery of my items, or for me to collect my items.

I have called, emailed online webchat with their reps, all to no avail. I have asked three direct questions and they never give me an answer.

Can you give me a quote to deliver my items? I have asked three times via phone, twice via email and once on the webchat.

Can I organise a date and time to collect myself? Same as a above

Are you charging me for storage? Same as above

Im not sure if they are avoiding the questions, if the are I really dont understand why, they are a god damn moving company!

Has anyone else had problems getting their items out of customs?

Bordino
Have been with them where? Have been in transit since Sept or at the port in Canada since Sept?

If you are having no success yourself, get a customs broker to clear the shipment. It'll cost, but then you would still be ahead of where you are now. This will also sort out any customs problems. Clearance should not take more than a day if the paperwork is in order.

Maybe they lost your shipment?
Old Oct 20th 2014, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Bordino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Collecting Shipped Items

I just got some answers out of them. They can deliver to Montreal but I still have to go through the customs department to get paperwork signed, and that will cost me $1300. I can go collect from their stores and there will be no charge other than the cost of a Uhaul truck, which isnt bad. They are not charging me for storage due to their inability to respond to me in a timely manner.

So i guess I got a road trip on my hands Montreal - Northbay -Toronto - Montreal all in a weekend.