Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Citizenship Online Tests

Citizenship Online Tests

Old Nov 13th 2005, 11:53 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold
Default Citizenship Online Tests

Yes, we have FINALLY been called to do our test. I know about this online practice test

http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

Are there any others?

Clare
Old Nov 14th 2005, 12:05 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Online Tests

Way-hey 75% and 90% /20 each time.

Anyone who thinks the beaver is on the Canadian flag should be deported right now.
Anyone who suggests the beaver should be on the Canadian flag should be handed a free chilled crate of Molson, right now !

Good luck to Clare and Gareth. you guys are 99% Canadian already !

Rich.

Last edited by Rich_007; Nov 14th 2005 at 12:12 am.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ClareBC
Yes, we have FINALLY been called to do our test. I know about this online practice test

Are there any others?
Download the practice test software from here:
http://www.v-soul.com/vsoul/freesw.html?citizenship
This one has pretty much every question that could possibly be on the test except for who the current elected officials (especially your local ones, you need to look those up). I practiced with it and found it very useful.

The actual test is quite short and VERY easy so don't stress over it. Read the book, do the practice test a couple of times, and you will do just fine.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 4:15 am
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sysclp
Download the practice test software from here:
http://www.v-soul.com/vsoul/freesw.html?citizenship
This one has pretty much every question that could possibly be on the test except for who the current elected officials (especially your local ones, you need to look those up). I practiced with it and found it very useful.

The actual test is quite short and VERY easy so don't stress over it. Read the book, do the practice test a couple of times, and you will do just fine.

That worked a treat, thanks! (Nice to have a new batch of questions )

clare
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

GlosMaple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ClareBC

Are there any others?

Clare
When did you apply Clare ?

I applied for citizenship myself in October 2004 and apart from a letter saying that my application was in order and one a few weeks later asking me to get finger prints done I haven't heard a thing !!! Not that I was expecting things to work too quickly!! I'm in Toronto so the timing could be way different.....I was just being nosey. Best of luck with the test!!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:57 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GlosMaple

I applied for citizenship myself in October 2004 and apart from a letter saying that my application was in order and one a few weeks later asking me to get finger prints done I haven't heard a thing !!! Not that I was expecting things to work too quickly!! I'm in Toronto so the timing could be way different.....I was just being nosey. Best of luck with the test!!
Things must be different in Toronto. I applied (in Quebec) in October 2004 also. I've been a citizen since September 22nd.

Fingerprints? I was never asked to do that.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

sysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to allsysclp is a name known to all

I applied in Toronto at the beginning of August 2004 and got my call for the test in mid June 2005 and for the oath at the end of August 2005. They didn't ask me for fingerprints though, so there must be something different with your case.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 3:04 pm

I applied in Toronto at the beginning of August 2004 and got my call for the test in mid June 2005 and for the oath at the end of August 2005. They didn't ask me for fingerprints though, so there must be something different with your case.
And between yours and mine. There was a gap of a couple of hours between taking the test and swearing at the judge.

And no Mountie. I was livid.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Souvenir
And between yours and mine. There was a gap of a couple of hours between taking the test and swearing at the judge.

And no Mountie. I was livid.
Yeah, we got no Mountie either. Just the judge and her clerk and the music as a recording. There were just over 100 people at the oath ceremony but only about 30 in the test. The room where the oath was done was next to the one where we had the test and the day I took the test there was something else going on in there involving hearings with individual people.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 3:15 pm

Yeah, we got no Mountie either. Just the judge and her clerk and the music as a recording. There were just over 100 people at the oath ceremony but only about 30 in the test. The room where the oath was done was next to the one where we had the test and the day I took the test there was something else going on in there involving hearings with individual people.
I felt cheated. There's a Mountie in the book and everything.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Interesting no fingerprints.......I went back to the Citizenship site and it says they have the right to look at police records......so guess I've been selected!!
Only thing I can think of is that I'm an IT Consultant ........so always in and out of the country .......worldwide....so guess they may have got the jitters!!!
Thanks for the info......don't know if it makes me feel worse or better. The letter says it could be 15 months so still a few months to go!!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 3:23 pm

Interesting no fingerprints.......I went back to the Citizenship site and it says they have the right to look at police records......so guess I've been selected!!
Only thing I can think of is that I'm an IT Consultant ........so always in and out of the country .......worldwide....so guess they may have got the jitters!!!
Thanks for the info......don't know if it makes me feel worse or better. The letter says it could be 15 months so still a few months to go!!
With a federal election coming up, it wouldn't surprise me if processing times in certain areas suddenly became a lot shorter. An awful lot shorter.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

With a federal election coming up, it wouldn't surprise me if processing times in certain areas suddenly became a lot shorter. An awful lot shorter.
Very true .........anything to capture a vote or two!!
They'll need to try harder than that !!!
Old Nov 14th 2005, 3:31 pm

Very true .........anything to capture a vote or two!!
They'll need to try harder than that !!!
It's been done before.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 4:07 pm
Loving it here!

Things must be different in Toronto. I applied (in Quebec) in October 2004 also. I've been a citizen since September 22nd.

Fingerprints? I was never asked to do that.

It seems to vary so much. We've friends who applied in June 2004, they've had the acknowledgement letter but nothing else.

We applied in October 2004, got our acknowledgement letter end March 2005. Got 2 weeks notice for the test. Hubby rang Sydney a couple of months back and was told they were doing security checks on our application (hence the delay).

Two sets of friends who applied this year (February and March) have already sat their test, and one lot are having their ceremony this week...

And yes. I want this to be done quickly - I want to vote!!

Clare

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.