Citizenship

Old Aug 20th 2006, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Citizenship

Originally Posted by Souvenir
11 months for me.
slight change of subject, I cannot apply until jan 08, how long is the process taking these days? ( I am doing time for the TN!)
Old Aug 20th 2006, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info guys! (something for me to seriously think about in the next year or two)

I know what you mean on the PR Card. Every time we are out, whether it be to meet up with UK'ers or locals, they are always keen to see my PR card, with all the hidden details etc. (it's twice as exciting as showing a Canadian some hidden marking in a £20 note!)
Old Aug 20th 2006, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

GlosMaple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tperkz
How many of you have taken the next step and become Canadian citizens? We all got our citizenship back in June so now we feel like we really belong!
Been a Canadian since April 06 .....after living here nearly 10 years............took me 18 months to get......for me being a Business Consultant working outside the country for long periods of time it helped a great deal ........i was always concerned about keeping my landed immigrant status.................no concerns now tho!!!
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:00 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ClareBC
Oh, thought of another reason to do it - otherwise you have to fill out those friggin' PR forms every 5 years ( )
Are you sure about this? It's the first time I've heard about it...

Not sure if I'll be applying for citizenship when that time comes - Norway doesn't accept dual citizenship, so I'd have to be an "undercover Canuck"...
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:15 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ClareBC

Be warned, they take away your nice PR card with its clear security details (holograms, scanned in photo and signature etc) and give you some crap laminated card instead.
Aaah but there is a reason for this.

By taking out citizenship you have finally (resistance is futile) been assimilated into the Borg collective known as Canada.

Seeing as the rest of the world seems to view Canada and Canadians as dull and boring. It wouldn't do to have a flashy citizenship card so they give you the dull and boring one to fit with the image.

Cheers
Steve
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:25 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by London7
slight change of subject, I cannot apply until jan 08, how long is the process taking these days? ( I am doing time for the TN!)

It look us 15 months, everyone else I know it only took 5 months. I'm taking it personally ....

Clare
Old Aug 21st 2006, 3:28 am
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

2+ years and counting.