Reload this Page >

CIS applications (company)

CIS applications (company)

Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

MillwardFamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CIS applications (company)

Hi all,

So I have been researching visas and looking at how to get the ball rolling in my quest for employment and I came across the above company.

I had a phonecall today from them asking for my details, information about my work history etc.. and then asked for the first six digits of my bank card number so that they could check proof that I have a bank account etc.. I gave them this but now unsure on what I actually needed this for.. I ended the call without giving more information but I want to check if anyone has had any dealing with these or heard of them?

They rang from a UK number.

Thanks

Dan
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIS applications (company)

Originally Posted by MillwardFamily
Hi all,

So I have been researching visas and looking at how to get the ball rolling in my quest for employment and I came across the above company.

I had a phonecall today from them asking for my details, information about my work history etc.. and then asked for the first six digits of my bank card number so that they could check proof that I have a bank account etc.. I gave them this but now unsure on what I actually needed this for.. I ended the call without giving more information but I want to check if anyone has had any dealing with these or heard of them?

They rang from a UK number.

Thanks

Dan
Phone the bank. Close the account. Open a new one.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

Thanks I've just done that.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 12:48 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillwardFamily
Thanks I've just done that.
I don't know how a scammer would use the bank account numbers but it's not a usual thing to ask, there's something very wrong with that.

Do you really need a firm to help with your application? If it's not unusually complicated there's lots of information in the wiki here and several posters who know the system well and can help. The hard bit, of course, being finding a job if you need one in order to qualify.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't know how a scammer would use the bank account numbers but it's not a usual thing to ask, there's something very wrong with that.

Do you really need a firm to help with your application? If it's not unusually complicated there's lots of information in the wiki here and several posters who know the system well and can help. The hard bit, of course, being finding a job if you need one in order to qualify.
Not really! I suppose I got a bit blinkered with the promise of getting what I want quickly, silly mistake really.

I do need a job to qualify, very frustrating but something I'm going to be working on !
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:03 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

They have a UK contact number, owned by a company in Cyprus.
Always best to check here iccrc-crcic

They describe themselves as a 'licensed immigration broker', although I have no idea what that is, nor could I find who they were licensed by or for what. Nor do they give any physical address in their contact section. The only address is one in Cyprus.