Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

CARPENTER MOVING INFO?

CARPENTER MOVING INFO?

Old May 29th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all
Default CARPENTER MOVING INFO?

Hello, i am thinking of moving to canada with my partner i am a carpenter 28 years old.

I was looking for info on how hard/easy it is to move also best ares for carpenters and generally as much info as possible.

Many Thanks

Paul
Old May 29th 2008, 12:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CARPENTER MOVING INFO?

Hi and welcome!

I seem to recall that carpenters are in demand in Canada so you may well be able to get a job and get over there pretty quickly, although you might not have your first choice of province as you'd have to go where the work is (don't know where you were thinking of?).

I've just done a search of the forum and found this thread which may be of some use, gives the details of an agency who are hiring carpenters from the UK:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=carpenter

I also found other threads which give details about the rate of pay for carpenters (around $25-30 per hr) if that helps. Also, one thing to bear in mind is that you need to be prepared to work outside in the cold/snow if you are a chippie in Canada!!

For general immigration info and all your other questions, have a look at the great Wiki which will answer them all.

Hope that helps a bit and good luck.

Edited to add that I've just seen you were originally planning on emigrating to Australia (just out of interest, why have you changed to Canada now?) so thought this Wiki article might help as well.....................http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canada_versus_Australia

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 29th 2008 at 12:44 pm.
Old May 29th 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to allbluenose27 is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: CARPENTER MOVING INFO?

Hi,

well as for the oz v canada thing im still unsure but i dont mind we just want to start a new life, as britain gets worse by the week and now with the economic melt down i have been layed off work and have no work here with hardly any jobs available! i am at the point of my life i want to settle down with a decent future - marriage kids etc and britain holds no hope for us! Im not really fussy as to where to live in canada as i will give anywhere a chance.

Thanks for your reply a very interesting response appreciated, i will look on the links you have posted.

Cheers

Paul