Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Cant Go for Now

Cant Go for Now

Old Jan 31st 2006, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Wonderlust is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Cant Go for Now

Sorry if this is the wrong place to do this, but I will not be able to go forward with my planned move to Canada due to a family illness. I have two books on moviong to Canada and would love to see someone get some use out of them? Where is the best place to sell them (Cheap) here or somewhere like ebay?

Regards
Old Jan 31st 2006, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cant Go for Now

Originally Posted by Wonderlust
Sorry if this is the wrong place to do this, but I will not be able to go forward with my planned move to Canada due to a family illness. I have two books on moviong to Canada and would love to see someone get some use out of them? Where is the best place to sell them (Cheap) here or somewhere like ebay?

Regards

Sorry to hear about your plans Wonderlust. I'm sure there would be someone on here interested in your books, or Ebay would be a good place too.

I hope things improve for your family member soon.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

Jeffy G is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards

I'll take them off your hands...i'm making the jump in July after i graduate and would love some literature to clarify a few things...how much do you want for them and do you have a paypal account??

Regards

Jeff
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jeffy G
I'll take them off your hands...i'm making the jump in July after i graduate and would love some literature to clarify a few things...how much do you want for them and do you have a paypal account??

Regards

Jeff
Jeff

I have purchased stuff off ebay, but I have never sold anything, so this is my first go at selling:
If you want to have a look, here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ME:L:LCA:UK:12

Regards
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Jeff

I have purchased stuff off ebay, but I have never sold anything, so this is my first go at selling:
If you want to have a look, here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ME:L:LCA:UK:12

Regards

Done and done!!Thank god for my student loan...well whats left of it!!

Cheers

Jeff
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Done and done!!Thank god for my student loan...well whats left of it!!

Cheers

Jeff

LOL - Oh those where the days, 4 years and all you get is a bit of paper and a bad drinking habit

I will go and start shipping - Thanks and Very good luck with Canada.
My little boy ius not well, so we have a small farm in wales now, maybe in a few years we can try again
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

LOL - Oh those where the days, 4 years and all you get is a bit of paper and a bad drinking habit

I will go and start shipping - Thanks and Very good luck with Canada.
My little boy ius not well, so we have a small farm in wales now, maybe in a few years we can try again

I really cannot wait to graduate...but i'm doing my Masters in Canada
Yeah a bit of paper and that stupid hat!!

I'm sorry to hear about your son, but hopefully he wil make a speedy recovery and you can pick up where you left off!! Where abouts in Canada had you planned to relocate to?

All the best

Jeff
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:41 am
Just Joined

I really cannot wait to graduate...but i'm doing my Masters in Canada
Yeah a bit of paper and that stupid hat!!

I'm sorry to hear about your son, but hopefully he wil make a speedy recovery and you can pick up where you left off!! Where abouts in Canada had you planned to relocate to?

All the best

Jeff
We where looking at Calgary or Vancouver, I used to be a roadie many years ago and fell in love with the country. It was only recently we decided we had do it now(ish) or never.
We still have a window of a few years, but after that the points start to drop.

My little boy will be fine, I am sure. He has a problem with his joint (Perthes), it may need an operation or it may not. The Canada Immigration Dept implied it would not help my case, hence the move to Wales.

Did you know that Wales seems to be in the news more than any other country?
“ A forest fire the size of Wales”, or “the troops have to patrol an area the size of Wales”, etc etc …

Regards
Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

We where looking at Calgary or Vancouver, I used to be a roadie many years ago and fell in love with the country. It was only recently we decided we had do it now(ish) or never.
We still have a window of a few years, but after that the points start to drop.

My little boy will be fine, I am sure. He has a problem with his joint (Perthes), it may need an operation or it may not. The Canada Immigration Dept implied it would not help my case, hence the move to Wales.

Did you know that Wales seems to be in the news more than any other country?
“ A forest fire the size of Wales”, or “the troops have to patrol an area the size of Wales”, etc etc …

Regards
Lol yeah!I used to live in Wales...Trefforest near Ponty...jeez!I went to Uni of Glamorgan for a year and really hated the place!!So i am down here in Plymouth grafting away!!

I've never been to Calgary or Vancouver..would absolutely love to...i've got a whole bunch of family in Mississauga, but i'm off to Montreal to be with my girlfriend Really cannot wait...tis gonna be awesome!!Anyways, cheers for the books...i got a lecture to get to!

Take care and all the best

Jeff
Old Jan 31st 2006, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Rachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant futureRachelmark has a brilliant future

Lol yeah!I used to live in Wales...Trefforest near Ponty...jeez!I went to Uni of Glamorgan for a year and really hated the place!!So i am down here in Plymouth grafting away!!

I've never been to Calgary or Vancouver..would absolutely love to...i've got a whole bunch of family in Mississauga, but i'm off to Montreal to be with my girlfriend Really cannot wait...tis gonna be awesome!!Anyways, cheers for the books...i got a lecture to get to!

Take care and all the best

Jeff

HI, sorry to butt in! My son has just started at University of Glam (we live in Cardiff) and I think he feels the same way as you! he stays in halls at the moment, which is bad enough, but is looking for a house to rent with some mates which will probably be even worse!!
We also used to live in Plympton, nr Plymouth, and that was better - nearer the beaches and not quite so rainy!
Hope it all goes well for you.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rachelmark
HI, sorry to butt in! My son has just started at University of Glam (we live in Cardiff) and I think he feels the same way as you! he stays in halls at the moment, which is bad enough, but is looking for a house to rent with some mates which will probably be even worse!!
We also used to live in Plympton, nr Plymouth, and that was better - nearer the beaches and not quite so rainy!
Hope it all goes well for you.

Hey Rachel...yeah Glamorgan is strange!Its a lovely self contained university with an awesome student union!Its just the surrounding area that really lets it down!Its a small town full of locals who absolutely hate students, which is strange really because the Trefforest essentially feeds off the University! Anyway, had i gone to Swansea (where i was accepted)or Cardiff(where i wasn't...but my sister went there) then i think i would have enjoyed my stay in Wales!!Yeah i know Plympton...i work part-time at Domino's pizza and obviously i'm quite well acquainted with Plymouth's various areas...but it does rain down here alot!

Thanks for the well wishes...right back at ya!

Jeff