CAMRT Exam

Old Jan 10th 2014, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Gigix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CAMRT Exam

Hi,

I'm a radiographer.
Do you know if we can sit the CAMRT exam with a tourist visa?
Old Jan 10th 2014, 7:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CAMRT Exam

Originally Posted by Gigix
Hi,

I'm a radiographer.
Welcome to BE!

http://www.camrt.ca/certification/international/

http://www.camrt.ca/certification/in...technologists/

I couldn't see anywhere it said you couldn't, hopefully someone will be able to advise.

Old Jul 7th 2014, 6:29 am
Just Joined

bexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to beholdbexley82 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gigix
Hi,

I'm a radiographer.
Hello, I'm a Radiographer currently in the UK. I have applied for permanent residency and have just reached the point of medical requests etc so hoping to get over there in the next 12 months.

I have been looking at how you go about getting registered with CAMRT. You can sit the exam on a tourist visa, I emailed the manager of new registration as I too was going to sit the exam before we actually landed as PR's and she said that's fine and a lot of people do.

You do need to apply to take the exam 6 month before, they do the exams 4 times a year in several different areas (see CAMART website for dates). You do need to get quite a lot of stuff together such as detailed course info from training and references from current place of work, again this is all on website.

Hope that helps,

Rebecca
Old Jul 7th 2014, 5:08 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can. I took it 10 years ago so the content may have changed but I would advise studying some old fashioned stuff, etc, and inverse square law exposure/technique calculations. There seemed to be loads of those. Look up and learn named views ie Waters for skulls.
Old Jul 9th 2014, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

bigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of lightbigshark is a glorious beacon of light

my girlfriend actually sat the CAMRT exam whilst we were on our holiday in Canada last year, so i am sure you should be fine with a tourist visa. if you are still in doubt check with them.

bexley82 - are you going through FSW program, if so when did you apply? we did ours back in november last year, and i literally completed my medical this morning!! afaik it wont be long now till they ask for our passport!?
Old Jul 10th 2014, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

sn45 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I am not too sure whether you can sit for the CAMRT on a tourist visa, however I maybe wrong.
I had to first go through the CMRTO and after they assessed all the documentation, was I informed that I was eligible to sit for the exam and all that required evidence of PR application.

I am looking to sit for the exam this September and was wondering if anyone had practice papers or text books which I could borrow for a short time. The books are quite expensive and hence only managed to buy a couple of them.

Any tips, advice and assistance on CAMRT exam prep will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2014, 6:51 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sn45
Hello,

I am not too sure whether you can sit for the CAMRT on a tourist visa, however I maybe wrong.
I had to first go through the CMRTO and after they assessed all the documentation, was I informed that I was eligible to sit for the exam and all that required evidence of PR application.

I am looking to sit for the exam this September and was wondering if anyone had practice papers or text books which I could borrow for a short time. The books are quite expensive and hence only managed to buy a couple of them.

Any tips, advice and assistance on CAMRT exam prep will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
You can still come on a touris visa, no reason why not. The practise test is $30 online at CAMRT.
Old May 21st 2015, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Juan Jose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i am a radiographer.I have applied for permanent residency and have just reached the point of medical requests etc so hoping to get over there in the next 8 months. I need an advise about the cmrt examination. Somebody did that exam?
Thanks.