Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calling the UK

Calling the UK

Old Feb 18th 2018, 2:57 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Calling the UK

FaceTime Audio for other Apple users when on wifi.
Rebtel for calling UK landlines from my cell.
Our Telus landline package has free international calling.
Old Mar 11th 2018, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

BritBC is an unknown quantity at this point

If I need to call a phone number in the UK I add money to skype and you can call landlines/mobiles at a pretty low cost. If not just skype-skype calls.
Old Mar 16th 2018, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Anna Maria is an unknown quantity at this point

FB voice & video calls - free
Koodo with my monthly plan for $3 extra I get super cheap rates to Europe like 1h will cost me just under $1
Old Mar 16th 2018, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

daveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond reputedaveincolchester has a reputation beyond repute

As far as calling a Canadian bank for free.
Last year I was in Panama and was having a problem moving some money down here.
I called the free number on my CIBC Visa card and asked to be put through to my local branch in less than a minute I was talking to Lisa from my local CIBC branch.
Free.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute

I use T-Tag when I call the UK. You send a text message of the number you need to call (ex 441416948765) to 647-800-000. You'll receive a text message back with a local access number to call. You can try it out for free (I think you get 5 free "tags" at 60 minutes each) at www.ttag.ca
Old Mar 19th 2018, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

The wanderer. is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't tell you how to call to the UK for free but i can tell you how to call to Canada for free.