Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calgary or Vancouver to Los Angeles flights

Calgary or Vancouver to Los Angeles flights

Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calgary or Vancouver to Los Angeles flights

We were planning to go to Calgary or Vancouver this year to see about jobs for my OH, unfortunately his niece has decided to get married in July just outside of LA . Is there a cheap way of doing this so we get to go to Canada and take a flight for a couple of days down south to take in the wedding and then go back?
Only other option I can see is to fly to LA then go to Canada after the wedding, any cheap option there? I would be grateful for any advice you can give.
Also if anyone knows of places to find jobs with a TWP while we wait for the pesky PR procedure that would be great too
TIA
Old Jan 5th 2011, 6:47 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary or Vancouver to Los Angeles flights

From Vancouver to LA Alaska Airlines will likely be the cheapest. From Calgary look at Westjet.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 2:27 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

You are coming from the UK? If so, you will be quite pleased by what you will able to do.

Flights from LHR to the USA are generally cheaper than simply to Canada.

On Air Canada, on most fares (even the cheap ones) you are allowed a stopover in each direction, in Canada, on your way to your US destination (LAX), and on your return to LHR (if you wish). Depending on the fare these are either free or cost an additional £50.
So you want to simply book a LHR-LAX ticket on Air Canada with stopovers where you want.

Base fare in July should be around £430 depending on day of week and exact date of travel.

If you wanted you could do something like this:

LHR-YYC (stop)

YYC - LAX (stop, final destination)

LAX - YVR (stop)

YVR - LHR

or some such combination. As long as you end up in LA it will pretty much be good.

If you need more help PM me and I can help with routings and specific flights etc.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 2:32 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^ --- What he said.

Try using the 'Multitrip' tool on AC website.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:17 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Seat sale on WestJet might be an option for you?
Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

MegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond reputeMegSnow has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for all the help, DH has now thrown his toys out of the pram about the fact it is going to cost £2,500 or thereabouts just for flights and is considering not going . He has a point I guess as the £5k for this holiday would go towards our moving costs later in the year when we get PR (hopefully!). Thought we could fly to LA then up to Van to have appointments with recruitment agencies to get his nose in the door in readiness - he's still thinking about it as we speak but I guess it depends on whether everyone goes on holiday July/August time.

Thanks anyway guys.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 5:33 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MegSnow
Many thanks for all the help, DH has now thrown his toys out of the pram about the fact it is going to cost £2,500 or thereabouts just for flights and is considering not going . He has a point I guess as the £5k for this holiday would go towards our moving costs later in the year when we get PR (hopefully!). Thought we could fly to LA then up to Van to have appointments with recruitment agencies to get his nose in the door in readiness - he's still thinking about it as we speak but I guess it depends on whether everyone goes on holiday July/August time.

Thanks anyway guys.
How is it going to cost this much? Did you see the figures in my post? I can guarantee you I can price it up for you for less than this, especially if you only want to stop in Vancouver (rather than Vancouver and Calgary). Post your dates (with an indication of flexibility) and I'll run it.
Again, flying to LAX with a stop in Vancouver will be cheaper than just going to Vancouver (on AC).