Reload this Page >

Calgary or Kamloops?

Calgary or Kamloops?

Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:16 am
Just Joined

snydox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calgary or Kamloops?

Originally Posted by sarah & andy
We moved to Kamloops 2 years ago from Medicine Hat and I can honestly say it was the best decision we made.We have two daughters and they have settled better than we could have imagined.Kamloops has so much more to offer us all as a family with more positives than negatives.I hear you about the costs of living in a big city, we lived in Calgary for 4 years.The thing I so appreciate about Kamloops is the friendly smaller town feel, you have everything you need and access to so many activities and places to see within easy reach.Happy for you to PM me with any additional questions.Good Luck
Hi Sara & Andy,

Perhaps you could answer me something?

Do you prefer Kamloops over Calgary? I currently live in Kamloops and I love the small town feeling and no traffic. But I'm considering moving to Calgary, Everything seems greener there and the Rockies are very close so you get the best from both worlds. Besides, there are more work opportunities over there. Will it be a good idea to migrate to Calgary?
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: : : : Looking at a Move to Kamloops. Advice Appreciated!! : : :

I'm planning on heading to Calgary, but I did look at Kamloops and Kelowna, I think I'd probably actually prefer both (I haven't actually been) but the employment opportunities are a worry and so I chose Calgary. I'm a mechanical engineer and there only seems to be a handful of employers in industry's I have no experience in.

If you can get work there, then go for it. It looks like a beautiful area to raise a family.
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 5:52 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: : : : Looking at a Move to Kamloops. Advice Appreciated!! : : :

Originally Posted by snydox
Hi Sara & Andy,

Perhaps you could answer me something?

Do you prefer Kamloops over Calgary? I currently live in Kamloops and I love the small town feeling and no traffic. But I'm considering moving to Calgary, Everything seems greener there and the Rockies are very close so you get the best from both worlds. Besides, there are more work opportunities over there. Will it be a good idea to migrate to Calgary?
Hello and welcome to BE!

Sarah & Andy haven't posted since 2016 so it's unlikely that you'll get a response (though you never know!).

It's better to start your own thread, rather than tacking on to a very old one as you will receive more replies.. I've moved your post to a new thread for you

Good luck with your move!

Old Aug 23rd 2017, 4:56 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary or Kamloops?

Kamloops is small and out of the way, Kelowna is bigger but quite isolated. Calgary is an actual major city of 1.25 million people.

Definitely more jobs although the economy here is still weak.
Old Aug 23rd 2017, 5:30 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary or Kamloops?

Originally Posted by Steve_
Kamloops is small and out of the way, Kelowna is bigger but quite isolated. Calgary is an actual major city of 1.25 million people.

Definitely more jobs although the economy here is still weak.
Yes but sadly way too many Albertans manage to find their way there to their second homes to cause general mayhem and chaos and aggravation on the roads perhaps as it is such a great place to be- oh, and you do realise that there is a thriving airport there don't you Steve?