Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Quit the Regina nonsense , but I'm with you on the meet ups . WTF move over here then appeal for friends via the internet , seems totally bizarre . The Benidorm crowd tried that in the eighties and look how popular they were . Immigrate then integrate but if you want to establish a ghetto Winnipeg would be a good place to start
wow, a BE Enthusiast with over 500 posts, moaning about how sad folk are that look to share experiences with other expats...hmmmmm kettle you are looking a little darker than normal....love pot

Last edited by dormy; Aug 15th 2013 at 3:04 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 7:30 am
Just Joined

JackieBakx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scimdarren
Hi

Wife and I are in our early 40's and like pubs, especially yours! Been here 8 years, live rurally North of Ste Anne, I like a lot of the pubs in Wpg but sometimes get frustrated at living too far away from it all!
By all means include us if you start up something...

Darren
Scimdarren : Elephant and Castle 3pm on Sunday August 25th, if you fancy coming along?
Old Sep 12th 2013, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

JackieBakx is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a nice wee meet up for our first go at it!

Any interest in doing another in September or October?
Old Sep 13th 2013, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

I will go ,if I can make it,keep me posted
Old Sep 13th 2013, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Hi all, sorry to sidetrack the thread slightly - I'm coming over to Winnipeg in November with family for our PNP interview and I wondered if anyone would be happy for me to ask a few questions on pm?
Old Sep 15th 2013, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackieBakx
Had a nice wee meet up for our first go at it!

Any interest in doing another in September or October?
Yeah, we would be up for that (how was the show btw? Did Russell make it out in one piece? )
Old Sep 17th 2013, 9:04 pm
Journeyman Canadian

scimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JackieBakx
Scimdarren : Elephant and Castle 3pm on Sunday August 25th, if you fancy coming along?
Oops sorry, only just logged in today, bit late
Old Sep 18th 2013, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scimdarren
Oops sorry, only just logged in today, bit late
Fashionably late?
Old Oct 7th 2013, 12:19 am
Account Closed

MrsL22 is on a distinguished road

Hello all,

I'm new to Winnipeg (August) from Nottingham originally, and feeling a little homesick (although there's not really anything to miss about Nottingham...)

I'm in my mid 20's and married to a Winnipegger.

Please keep me posted about any meet ups, and if anyone would like to let me know the location of the British food store, I'd be most grateful. I'm missing my Robinson's blackcurrant like crazy!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsL22
Hello all,

I'm new to Winnipeg (August) from Nottingham originally, and feeling a little homesick (although there's not really anything to miss about Nottingham...)

Please keep me posted about any meet ups, and if anyone would like to let me know the location of the British food store, I'd be most grateful. I'm missing my Robinson's blackcurrant like crazy!
Hi,there is a kind-of-a brit store on Ness Ave ,Mr Ds pies,the woman is scottish cant remember her name,they sell great steak pies and bridies(pasties) and have some british sweeties and other stuff.The other place is down at St.Boniface on the main st where you cross the river,behind the shell (?) gas station,Molleys i think its called ,its a bakery with sausages ,black pudding,pies and haggis ,good luck
Old Oct 9th 2013, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dormy
wow, a BE Enthusiast with over 500 posts, moaning about how sad folk are that look to share experiences with other expats...hmmmmm kettle you are looking a little darker than normal....love pot
Most of my posts have been regarding newbies or wannabies in relation to job vacancies , obtaining PR and Citizenship .
Trying to make friends over the internet is not on my agenda , let alone joining groups who can't integrate into their locality . Mind you we are talking Winnipeg so I suppose anything goes
Old Oct 9th 2013, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Most of my posts have been regarding newbies or wannabies in relation to job vacancies , obtaining PR and Citizenship .
Trying to make friends over the internet is not on my agenda , let alone joining groups who can't integrate into their locality . Mind you we are talking Winnipeg so I suppose anything goes
Can you not do one without the other then?

I didn't realize that was against the rules of immigration!

Many people have used this site to meet up with their fellow compatriots regardless of whether or not they have Canadian friends. My main social groups are Canadian ones that I met through work or sport, although once in a while it is nice to talk face to face with someone who has uprooted and resettled into a new life as I have done.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

CKMaddAll is a jewel in the roughCKMaddAll is a jewel in the roughCKMaddAll is a jewel in the roughCKMaddAll is a jewel in the rough

Hello all!

I am a 32 yo Londoner who arrived in Winnipeg (Living in Osborne Village) in June 2013. I am hopefully 2-4 months from receiving my CL PR... so am having a delightful time waiting while my girlfriend frantically works to support us both!

I would be interested in meeting fellow Brits if anyone is still interested? There appear to be a number of British inspired venues throughout town to explore.

I just tried to create a MeetUp group, but it seems to cost $15/month! Crazy! Lets plan through here instead!
Old Oct 24th 2013, 3:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MrsL22
Hello all,

Hi MrsL22,
There is also a store that sells British food - including Robinsons squash sometimes - up in Stonewall. Family foods. Can be a bit hit and miss whether they have it in stock or not though.
Old Oct 24th 2013, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CKMaddAll
Hello all!

I am a 32 yo Londoner who arrived in Winnipeg (Living in Osborne Village) in June 2013. I am hopefully 2-4 months from receiving my CL PR... so am having a delightful time waiting while my girlfriend frantically works to support us both!

I would be interested in meeting fellow Brits if anyone is still interested? There appear to be a number of British inspired venues throughout town to explore.

I just tried to create a MeetUp group, but it seems to cost $15/month! Crazy! Lets plan through here instead!
We are still interested in meet-ups. Which venues were you thinking of?

Last edited by AlliF; Oct 24th 2013 at 3:04 pm. Reason: sp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.