Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

Old Aug 14th 2013, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

flat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond reputeflat to the mat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Expat Social groups in Winnipeg

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
True but do you really want to meet a bunch of whining Brits who are always moaning about the price of cheese or that they cant get their favourite flavour of crisps or Robinsons squash and they dont do it like this in the UK
Its bad enough to be associated with living in Winnipeg or Regina never mind having a social group of other Brits.
Quit the Regina nonsense , but I'm with you on the meet ups . WTF move over here then appeal for friends via the internet , seems totally bizarre . The Benidorm crowd tried that in the eighties and look how popular they were . Immigrate then integrate but if you want to establish a ghetto Winnipeg would be a good place to start
Old Aug 14th 2013, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flat to the mat
Immigrate then integrate but if you want to establish a ghetto Winnipeg would be a good place to start
Hmm, I didn't know inviting people out for a sociable drink or two (and don't feel necessary to include yourself in the invite - although I'm sure we will be deeply disappointed if you don't ) actually constituted setting up a ghetto but you live and learn
And as for appealing for friends via the internet - what are you doing on here if not that very same thing? Most people on here are looking for people who have had similar experiences and challenges and being friendly to them at the same time.
Some people look at all avenues of being sociable- who's to say you cant meet all sorts of people from all sorts of countries and not limit yourself to just one way of meeting people.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

JackieBakx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

Wondering if Sunday August 25th works for a get together? We are coming to Winnipeg to see Russell Brand at the Burton Cummings theater and though that would be the perfect day to start off with some pub banter!

Let me know if this works, it will be myself and my 2 sisters and maybe some of the hubby's and kids and my mum. Everyone is welcome to come and meet up! Probably around 3pm.
Old Aug 14th 2013, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Russell Brand in Winnipeg WTF? What did Winnipeg do to deserve this idiot?
So Sir Paul McCartney on Monday then Russell brand on Sunday wow what a turnaround. Each to their own I guess
Old Aug 15th 2013, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

Hinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant future

My local supermarket carries:- Walkers crisps (sometimes), squash, marmite, pot noodles, proper Heinz beans, numerous makes of chocolates and sweets, suet, angel delight, Coleman's mustard, Bisto, pickled onions, Branston, Irn Bru, Fanta, Ginger beer, cherry coke, the list goes on...

Oh and the price of cheese is shocking. !!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hinwinnipeg
My local supermarket carries:- Walkers crisps (sometimes), squash, marmite, pot noodles, proper Heinz beans, numerous makes of chocolates and sweets, suet, angel delight, Coleman's mustard, Bisto, pickled onions, Branston, Irn Bru, Fanta, Ginger beer, cherry coke, the list goes on...

Oh and the price of cheese is shocking. !!
Is the location secret? Are you hogging all that stuff to yourself?
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Hinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant futureHinwinnipeg has a brilliant future

The clue is in my log-in name
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

The clue is in my log-in name
So theres a shop somewhere in Winnipeg that sells British food. Mmmm with a population of just over 750,000 and an area covering 464 square kilometres then it should be easy to find then.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Seeing as I have been and got my fix of chicken and prawn cocktail crisps and Yorkie bars today, I will divulge the information.. it is Stonewall Family Foods, just north of Winnipeg. Now you all know.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Seeing as I have been and got my fix of chicken and prawn cocktail crisps and Yorkie bars today, I will divulge the information.. it is Stonewall Family Foods, just north of Winnipeg. Now you all know.
Tell them to set aside the beans for me..
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Better brace yourself, $13 for a pack of 4 tins.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Better brace yourself, $13 for a pack of 4 tins.
Ouchy! We will just have to ration them then.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

It gets worse when you see things stamped (for example Bisto) £1.05 and you pay over $4 plus tax. Robinson's squash is $4.79 but it is a must have for me.
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

It gets worse when you see things stamped (for example Bisto) £1.05 and you pay over $4 plus tax. Robinson's squash is $4.79 but it is a must have for me.
It's a cruel taunt innit!
Old Aug 15th 2013, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

dormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to beholddormy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
Anyone still interested in meeting up? We (me, hubby and 2yr old daughter) are planning on eating and having a few drinks afterwards in the Elephant & Castle this Sunday coming. Short notice but if anybody is going to be in the area and wants to join us let me know.
What time were you planning? We'll come along if we can, I am planning on building a deck this weekend which should be done by Sunday afternoon, but who knows, if I am done in time we'll come over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.