Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Booking separate flights

Booking separate flights

Old Jan 18th 2015, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Booking separate flights

So my dad has off from work 4 July - 19 July and we are hopefully using this time to visit Malta. We just need to figure out how to book a separate leg home for me because I want to stay on and visit grandparents and family longer. So I would probably go down with my mum and dad but come back to Canada at a later date.

We used to do this with the Maltese travel agent in Toronto before we discovered that he's a total crook and charges $1,800 for a $1,300 ticket. We are likely booking on our own with either Air France/KLM or Lufthansa.

Thanks
Old Jan 18th 2015, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking separate flights

Originally Posted by Gozit
So my dad has off from work 4 July - 19 July and we are hopefully using this time to visit Malta. We just need to figure out how to book a separate leg home for me because I want to stay on and visit grandparents and family longer. So I would probably go down with my mum and dad but come back to Canada at a later date.

We used to do this with the Maltese travel agent in Toronto before we discovered that he's a total crook and charges $1,800 for a $1,300 ticket. We are likely booking on our own with either Air France/KLM or Lufthansa.

Thanks
Aren't you supposed to be skilled with the use of computers?
Old Jan 18th 2015, 2:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Aren't you supposed to be skilled with the use of computers?
I don't see an option on the website so the solution is always to ask BE
Old Jan 18th 2015, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

You'd probably have to call up. I know I'm stating the obvious but couldn't you just have a booking for them and a separate booking for yourself with the different return date?
Old Jan 18th 2015, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ChrisBan
You'd probably have to call up. I know I'm stating the obvious but couldn't you just have a booking for them and a separate booking for yourself with the different return date?
Then we may not be able to end up near each other seat wise.... I think. If that isn't an issue then we can probably just do what you said.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

ChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond reputeChrisBan has a reputation beyond repute

Then we may not be able to end up near each other seat wise.... I think. If that isn't an issue then we can probably just do what you said.
Yeah I figured that was the issue, sorry I know it wasn't particularly constructive my suggestion haha. You can probably just call up and speak to one of those lovely call centre peeps, they seem to be able to work magic on these bookings
Old Jan 18th 2015, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah I figured that was the issue, sorry I know it wasn't particularly constructive my suggestion haha. You can probably just call up and speak to one of those lovely call centre peeps, they seem to be able to work magic on these bookings
Haha thanks anyway mate

Thats what we will prob do...
Old Jan 18th 2015, 3:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Creating the bookings together won't guarantee you seats together though. Only way to be sure of that is be early at check in and talk to the staff there Even if you can reserve seats together in advance there's no guarantee you'll get them on the day.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Why would a young guy with hormones running wild want to sit for 8-10 hours on a plane beside his parents. What if you get a chance to join the Mile-High Club? But awkward, don't you think, with Mummy and Daddy looking on.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 5:04 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Book separate tickets with whichever airline .... Will have to be separate reservations ... Then call in to the airline and request they link the two. Plus pay for seat selection and choose seats. Next to each other. Finally check in early.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Finally check in early.
Can't stress that enough. I usually online check in the minute online check in opens and seat selection is a lot better than if I'd left it!
Old Jan 18th 2015, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Creating the bookings together won't guarantee you seats together though. Only way to be sure of that is be early at check in and talk to the staff there Even if you can reserve seats together in advance there's no guarantee you'll get them on the day.
Thanks

Originally Posted by plasticcanuck
Why would a young guy with hormones running wild want to sit for 8-10 hours on a plane beside his parents. What if you get a chance to join the Mile-High Club? But awkward, don't you think, with Mummy and Daddy looking on.

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Book separate tickets with whichever airline .... Will have to be separate reservations ... Then call in to the airline and request they link the two. Plus pay for seat selection and choose seats. Next to each other. Finally check in early.
Thanks. Lufthansa has free seat selection so if we book with them that's covered.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Just book yourself into a separate reservation altogether with the dates you want, easiest way to do it, otherwise you need to call the airline.

Can you not choose your seats in advance? That's the best way to end up seated together, otherwise doesn't matter if your in the same reservation, if at check in there isn't sufficient seats together, doesn't matter if your in the same res.

I always choose our seats in advance when flying and we always end up together, and almost never in the same reservation as some airlines charge more when booking multiple reservations at once.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jan 18th 2015 at 8:24 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Just book yourself into a separate reservation altogether with the dates you want, easiest way to do it, otherwise you need to call the airline.

Can you not choose your seats in advance? That's the best way to end up seated together, otherwise doesn't matter if your in the same reservation, if at check in there isn't sufficient seats together, doesn't matter if your in the same res.

I always choose our seats in advance when flying and we always end up together, and almost never in the same reservation as some airlines charge more when booking multiple reservations at once.
Thanks mate. Thats exactly what we worked out to doing. Likely booking via Lufthansa and we'll book the other 4 tickets separate from mine
Old Jan 19th 2015, 12:34 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't stress that enough. I usually online check in the minute online check in opens and seat selection is a lot better than if I'd left it!
Do airlines across to Europe not let you choose seats in advance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.