Reload this Page >

cell phone plan again- Bell corporate plan

cell phone plan again- Bell corporate plan

Old Aug 5th 2011, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

LisaMW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cell phone plan again- Bell corporate plan

Hi,
Has anyone experienced Bell corporate plan and is it worth the hassle?

I was advised to apply for Bell Corporate plan via work which i did but I needed to get a prepaid sim first. I can use my BB from the Uk which has been unlocked.

It has taken me almost 5 weeks for this process and I still can't see the end yet. First it was my non-existence credit history as I just arrived, then it was my proof of employment even though I applied it at work with a work discount quote given by the kiosk after seeing my proof of employment. Then they asked me to fax the proof which I did, but it was the wrong fax number.

I really don't know if it's worth all the hassle. I was told that Fido is good and cheap but the signal is intermittent and can't get any signal where I work, which seems to defeat the purpose. I am now on the phone with bell for the last hour. They first cut me off then now I am on hold!!!

Any prior experience from the forum will be much appreciated.

Lisa
Old Aug 5th 2011, 5:23 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cell phone plan again- Bell corporate plan

Originally Posted by LisaMW
Hi,
Has anyone experienced Bell corporate plan and is it worth the hassle?

I was advised to apply for Bell Corporate plan via work which i did but I needed to get a prepaid sim first. I can use my BB from the Uk which has been unlocked.

It has taken me almost 5 weeks for this process and I still can't see the end yet. First it was my non-existence credit history as I just arrived, then it was my proof of employment even though I applied it at work with a work discount quote given by the kiosk after seeing my proof of employment. Then they asked me to fax the proof which I did, but it was the wrong fax number.

I really don't know if it's worth all the hassle. I was told that Fido is good and cheap but the signal is intermittent and can't get any signal where I work, which seems to defeat the purpose. I am now on the phone with bell for the last hour. They first cut me off then now I am on hold!!!

Any prior experience from the forum will be much appreciated.

Lisa
You won't have credit issues with Fido or Rogers and it is also unlikely you handset would need unlocking.

Bell and Telus are expensive and still in the main run of PCS not the GSM network.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cell phone plan again- Bell corporate plan

I have never used a bell corporate plan, but I do currently have a Rogers Corporate Plan and I'm told that hassle wise they are pretty simillar.

The plans offered are often dealer and organisation specific which can cause a lot of confusion.

My experience has been to be overcharged for handsets. Promised welcome credits not been applied for months after what was promised and general stress and confusion. For example I was entitled to free unlimited internet for the first few months on my smart phone, but noboby thought to tell me untill it was running out.

I am told that we were with Bell before and had similar problems which sorted themselved out within a few months.

But in the long run, the money saved with these types of plan can make them well worth the original hassle.