Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Best/cheapest parking near YVR

Best/cheapest parking near YVR

Old Jun 6th 2017, 3:07 am
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Best/cheapest parking near YVR

Originally Posted by Snowy560
jennellapea: please can you explain to me about EVO? We have BCAA so if I got the EVO membership what would I then be able to do? Do you mean rent an EVO car and drop it off at the parking lot then take the shuttle? Thanks!
Once you're an EVO member you can just pick up a car and drop it off as long as you're in the designated zone. I think at YVR it's the long stay Jetset lot.

I don't have a membership​ with them (I probably should get one since I have BCAA too) but I drove Car2Go a lot before I bought my own car and it's the same principle. The only downside is that there might not be a car available when you come home.

If you go on the EVO website you can sign up. I think you need a driver's abstract but you can get them online now from ICBC.

It's pay by the minute / hour / day. Whichever works out cheapest.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I don't blame ya. When I was working mid-day, I would take transit mostly so I didn't have to drive and fuss with traffic, but now with 4:30am start the only viable option is driving. Technically I can take 2 night buses to get there, but that would require leaving home at 2:50am, and arriving around 3:40am, and as I don't have a clear RAIC yet, I would have to sit for nearly an hour in the terminal, not worth the fuss that early in the day.

If only we could have 24 hour train service, or at least have it start earlier then it does, lots of people and passengers needing to be at YVR well before the train even starts.
Same for me. I start at 4.15 so there's no other option really. Hopefully you get your pass soon. Feel sorry for all the lads waiting for someone to bring them in. Well I do until some of them give me grief hahaha

Last edited by jennellapea; Jun 6th 2017 at 3:11 am.
Old Jun 6th 2017, 3:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I try to be friendly to the screeners at the doors, they don't create the rules and I would say nearly all are pleasent folks, there are a couple sour apples that I have come across but that goes with any job.

I show up 30 mins early for my shift so I am nearly guaranteed to catch a co-worker coming in, if I miss them, well they eventually come looking for us...

Originally Posted by jennellapea
Once you're an EVO member you can just pick up a car and drop it off as long as you're in the designated zone. I think at YVR it's the long stay Jetset lot.

I don't have a membership​ with them (I probably should get one since I have BCAA too) but I drove Car2Go a lot before I bought my own car and it's the same principle. The only downside is that there might not be a car available when you come home.

If you go on the EVO website you can sign up. I think you need a driver's abstract but you can get them online now from ICBC.

It's pay by the minute / hour / day. Whichever works out cheapest.

Same for me. I start at 4.15 so there's no other option really. Hopefully you get your pass soon. Feel sorry for all the lads waiting for someone to bring them in. Well I do until some of them give me grief hahaha
Old Jun 6th 2017, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of ideas here! I bet we do transit there and taxi back although I'm very interested in Evo.
Old Jun 25th 2017, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Update: noticed in the Air Transat booking there is a voucher for Park n Go. So we booked it for the price of about $125 for the trip (just over two weeks). and I seemed to get an extra bit off for BCAA membership.

Thanks all!
Old Feb 18th 2018, 5:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to post an FYI to this post.

Parking at YVR is changing a bit.

The long term value lot that is within walking distance is closing Feb 28th.

A new long term lot will open March 1st at Templeton next to the Canada Line.

The current value lot that is closing will have a parkade built on it.
Old Feb 18th 2018, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Just wanted to post an FYI to this post.

Parking at YVR is changing a bit.

The long term value lot that is within walking distance is closing Feb 28th.

A new long term lot will open March 1st at Templeton next to the Canada Line.

The current value lot that is closing will have a parkade built on it.
Will they be providing shuttle buses to and from the new lot or will people need to use Canada line? If Canada line will you need to pay the extra $5 add in fare when returning.
Old Feb 18th 2018, 6:24 pm
Account Closed

Not sure. However sea island stops are free for the Canada Line so no jeed to pay.

Choose sea island on the fare machine and a ticket will dispense.

No fare or surcharge applies when travelling between Sea Island stops only.

I imagine they will only run shuttles when the Canada Line is not operating as they do for the Templeton employee lot.

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Will they be providing shuttle buses to and from the new lot or will people need to use Canada line? If Canada line will you need to pay the extra $5 add in fare when returning.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
Free use of Canada Line between new parking and airport is confirmed. Both directions.

Beware that parking has ALREADY changed a bit. Bottom floor of multi-storey is now (thankfully) max 2 hours with a hefty penalty for overstaying. It always should have been - I used to (ab)use it on business trips, parking near the domestic terminal entrance for 2 or 3 days at a time!

It is delightfully empty now!

Last edited by withabix; Feb 19th 2018 at 7:24 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 4:40 am
Account Closed

And there will be a shuttle to the new lot during times where the Canada Line isn't running.

Train runs every 7-20 min. between 5:10AM - 1:00AM.