Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

BBC & ITV not working behind VPN

BBC & ITV not working behind VPN

Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC & ITV not working behind VPN

Originally Posted by MMcD
Except suddenly, today....***it doesn't***!

This stupid VPN will not even let me log on...
Behaves in exactly the same successful way for me. Logged on, no problem, selected uk, started BBC iPlayer, all working fine.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 10:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Today I watched the England football match live on ITV.
No problems, no interruptions.

Unfortunately.

I should really have known better.

<shakes head>
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Never had a problem with HOXX , doesn't seem to leak much info unlike Hola did. Again, I really only use it for iplayer as I use tvcatchup for streaming the UK channels I watch.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 2:49 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I have given up with all those Kodi add ons and bad streams so I finally broke down and bought myself a dedicated IPTV box MAG254 and a $15 per month IPTV subscription and now have 4600+ channels from all over the world.

Most importantly I now have every UK & USA channel you could ever imagine, all the sports you can ever think of, PPV, VOD, movies, the works.

If anyone needs the name of the IPTV provider send me a PM. There are hundreds out there but this one got good reviews according to this chart
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Today I watched the England football match live on ITV.
No problems, no interruptions.

Unfortunately.

I should really have known better.

<shakes head>
Yes, it was pretty dire. I found a good stream that had HD ITV on it with only a couple of buffering moments. The game was on Sportsnet World (same with Slovakia game) which I don't get but was on Sportsnet 1 @ 19h00 eastern.

Italy/Spain game today (also on Sportsnet World ) should be good today.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 4:46 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Yes, it was pretty dire. I found a good stream that had HD ITV on it with only a couple of buffering moments. The game was on Sportsnet World (same with Slovakia game) which I don't get but was on Sportsnet 1 @ 19h00 eastern.

Italy/Spain game today (also on Sportsnet World ) should be good today.
I'm keeping my eye on Sportsnet World. Traditionally they've had the least appealing matches over the weekend and even where there's been a good final Saturday game that they've had, it's been available on the ordinary NBC channel - next -Saturday being an example with Stoke-ManU.

But lately they seem to have better looking games and with the cup matches, internationals and Bundesliga games it's probably worth the $21 a month.

But given the available games on TSN and the other Sportsnet channels (and NBC) which effectively don't cost me anything the way the package pricing works, in comparison it seems a lot to pay for not that much.

Anyway, Hoxx works well enough and I didn't even have to disable adblockers for ITV to work yesterday, which was a surprise.

Spain-Italy ought to be worth watching and it's on ITV4, so Hoxx/ITV should be better and more reliable than other streams.

I just wish they'd do something about those awful Screwfix ads. Is there anything as consistently embarrassing as those?
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 6:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Intrigued by IPTV never heard of it before, sounds good value. Do you need to run through a VPN to access the progs from the UK? Can it be accessed from a Windows PC or do you have to buy the box?
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

do you know have to sign in or register on BBC iplayer to watch any programme??
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 12:24 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Intrigued by IPTV never heard of it before, sounds good value. Do you need to run through a VPN to access the progs from the UK? Can it be accessed from a Windows PC or do you have to buy the box?
To be honest, I hadn't heard of it until the Boxing match last weekend. I did some research, mainly from this sub reddit and purchased that box I previously linked to.

It was delivered yesterday so I paid $15 for a one month subscription and have had the TV on for 24hrs without any buffering. Occasionally some channels will loop the last thing they said but definitely no buffering or pixelation.

I didn't look into ways to watch TV on my computer but it says it is possible. You will need to download some STB software (set top box) emulator.

If you have the IPTV hardware that plugs into your TV and connects to your home internet (wired or WiFi) it's no different to having a Shaw cable box. It just powers up and goes straight to the guide. I have attached two photos of the many channel lists that I have.

Hope that helps
Attached Thumbnails BBC &amp; ITV not working behind VPN-img_3916.jpg   BBC &amp; ITV not working behind VPN-img_3917.jpg  
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 1:12 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Hasan78
do you know have to sign in or register on BBC iplayer to watch any programme??
The last I saw suggested it was good to sign in so they could 'help' you with your choice of viewing (like Netflix and a few others, I suppose) But I'm not sure if it was compulsory.

But I've had an account with BBC/ITV/C4 for a few years (using an email address not identifiable with abroad). No licence details asked for other than saying you're supposed to have one.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 2:38 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

We've cut the cord. No more VPN, no more British TV. It was too much of a hassle with our internet service and the programmes increasingly irrelevant to us. The drama stuff ends up on Netflix or network eventually and we find enough to watch.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 2:17 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by bats
...The drama stuff ends up on Netflix or network eventually and we find enough to watch.

For those of us who've been in Canada a good few years that definitely works because we'll have had a complete break of not seeing anything (good) and watching it all from a year or two back is just like watching it new.
I watch ITV for England matches and BBC for match of the day, using the restart feature to skip the matches I saw earlier on Canadian TV. That's pretty much it.

Doctor Who is on Space channel on the same evening it's on in the UK and virtually every other bit of TV I want to see is available as a stream/download within an hour - often as little as 10 minutes - of the broadcast ending.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 9:38 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Unotelly lost BBC iplayer again ffs
Old Sep 4th 2017, 11:07 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Unotelly lost BBC iplayer again ffs
Hoxx still working very nicely
Old Sep 4th 2017, 11:56 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Hoxx still working very nicely
It was great news to come home to after a stinking hot drive back from Penticton. Car AC not working and it was 35 for most of the way. Im using one of your other recommendations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.