Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

BA's 50hr delay at YVR...

BA's 50hr delay at YVR...

Old Jul 22nd 2006, 12:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default BA's 50hr delay at YVR...

...160 pax delayed, RCMP called to airport to deal with frayed tempers

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/arti...280269,00.html
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

SarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond reputeSarahBC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA's 50hr delay at YVR...

My experience of BA customer service has not been great. I've been ill on a couple of flight's and have been studiously ignored by various cabin crew.

I never advise anyone to fly BA. I have found the cabin crew to be far more courteous on both Canadian Affair and Zoom. And their flights often cost a third of the BA flights.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahBC
My experience of BA customer service has not been great. I've been ill on a couple of flight's and have been studiously ignored by various cabin crew.

I never advise anyone to fly BA. I have found the cabin crew to be far more courteous on both Canadian Affair and Zoom. And their flights often cost a third of the BA flights.
Ditto.

K.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 2:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt0157
Ditto.

K.
Well quite, avoid AC too. If one wants quality service one must hub through America so as to be able to use USAirways or American or NorthWest.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 2:58 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

BA is the embodiement of all things empire, stuffy stiff upper lip, overt and excessive formality, huffiness, professional grumbling. We only flew with BA once and they had water leaking in through the bulkheads not that any aircrew cared any. Might as well have said the engine was falling off.

Rich.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 3:53 am
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rich_007
BA is the embodiement of all things empire, stuffy stiff upper lip, overt and excessive formality, huffiness, professional grumbling. We only flew with BA once and they had water leaking in through the bulkheads not that any aircrew cared any. Might as well have said the engine was falling off.

Rich.
Well didn't you lot know BA actually stands for Bad Attitude At least that what's we used to say when I worked for Virgin
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 4:27 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve&Tanya
Well didn't you lot know BA actually stands for Bad Attitude At least that what's we used to say when I worked for Virgin
100% bang on line.

Rich.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:39 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rich_007
100% bang on line.

Rich.
.lol. my OH adores BA. They even overtook Air France as her airline of choice after her last trip.

Personally, I've only flown with them once and was pretty ambivalent about it. Air France are great. Air Canada has dodgy old planes, provides poor value for money but I've 'always' ended up engaged in some weird but friendly conversation with their aircrew, so I'd fly with them again.

Zoom/Canadian Affair etc will be getting my custom this year since BA/AC flights to Toronto can no longer be had for £350 and I'm looking forward to it. If they offered a better baggage allowance I'd never have flown with anyone else.

Has anyone else heard rumours about Air Transat's flights occasionally not being filled with enough fuel to reach their destinations? I didn't believe it when I heard it...
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Qfragger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kt0157
Ditto.

K.
bump
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windward
.lol. my OH adores BA. They even overtook Air France as her airline of choice after her last trip.

Personally, I've only flown with them once and was pretty ambivalent about it. Air France are great. Air Canada has dodgy old planes, provides poor value for money but I've 'always' ended up engaged in some weird but friendly conversation with their aircrew, so I'd fly with them again.

Zoom/Canadian Affair etc will be getting my custom this year since BA/AC flights to Toronto can no longer be had for £350 and I'm looking forward to it. If they offered a better baggage allowance I'd never have flown with anyone else.

Has anyone else heard rumours about Air Transat's flights occasionally not being filled with enough fuel to reach their destinations? I didn't believe it when I heard it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Transat_Flight_236
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:31 pm
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

My second half is flying out of YVR to London today fortunately not with BA. Hope she doesn't encounter any delays.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

GlosMaple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
...160 pax delayed, RCMP called to airport to deal with frayed tempers

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/arti...280269,00.html

I will always travel BA transatlantic after the demise of Canadian Airlines......(that merger/takeover was awful for Canadians).......although I am an Elite card holder with AC.

To be honest I'd prefer to be on the ground than up at 37,000 feet with wing flap problems...........although it amazes me that Boeing can't get the parts to BA quicker than that...........god they are only just down the road in Seattle.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windward
As Stepenek rightly pointed out the other week, good ole' Air Canada have done that too - see Gimli Glider . I appreciate it's little comfort when it happens to you at 37,000ft but it bothered me more that the Air Transat incident was due to sloppy maintenance. AC's was fault of the evil metric system

Edit: Zoom's 44hr delay at GLA - must be catching!!

Last edited by Biiiiink; Jul 23rd 2006 at 5:36 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:51 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I appreciate it's little comfort when it happens to you at 37,000ft but it bothered me more that the Air Transat incident was due to sloppy maintenance. AC's was fault of the evil metric system
.. true. Even the boys and girls at NASA made that schoolboy error.

The way I had the story put to me Air Transat's snafu was caused more by penny-pinching fuel miserliness on the part of the airline. I'll cheerfully put them straight

Seems if you're going to run out of fuel though you're quite safe with a Canuck at the wheel

Last edited by windward; Jul 23rd 2006 at 7:55 pm.