Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Banned Friar Tuck and Squarepants

Banned Friar Tuck and Squarepants

Old Sep 20th 2004, 2:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banned Friar Tuck and Squarepants

Mickj/ Squarepants etc wasnt so bad this time, but the personal attacks against anyone who disagrees with his world view become tiresome after a while. The frustrating thing is some of his posts are/were quite informative, but after a while it seems to become posting for the sake of posting something, and it gets increasingly difficult to see the wood for the trees.

I'm sure he will be back in some shape or form soon enough, if hes not already lurking out there. In some respects its better not to ban him, at least before we all knew who he was and could choose to ignore him, now maybe any new poster is going to be assessed with the "is he mick?" question! Having said that things were getting way out of hand in some threads.

I'm just glad that I am not a mod, its an impossible job to please everyone, and we should all support Ray in his decisions regardless of whether we agree with them or not.

The best thing I think is just to ignore the trolls and try and get this forum back on track as a usefull source of info, or at least an interesting sideways look at Canada! If we can have a laugh at the same time and avoid slagging anyone off, all the better, but lets not lose focus on why we all came here in the first place.

Iain

...not weeping into my beer at the loss
Old Sep 20th 2004, 2:38 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by iaink
but lets not lose focus on why we all came here in the first place.
The absence of something productive to do??

Old Sep 20th 2004, 2:49 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
The absence of something productive to do??
I came here to find a citizenship time line, its just the absence of something productive to do that keeps me here!

Gotta go, work is interfering again

Iain
Old Sep 20th 2004, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by iaink
Mickj/ Iain

..)
Come on....admit it.....he was a bloody "pain in the ***" most of time, with
far to much time on his hands which he used to annoy people.........I really feel sorry for his wife and kids...............
Old Sep 20th 2004, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmore
.........I really feel sorry for his wife and kids...............
With all the time he spend on this forum, he wouldn't have time to maintain wife & kids....

I bet he hasn't got any.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 3:55 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Toontje
With all the time he spend on this forum, he wouldn't have time to maintain wife & kids....

I bet he hasn't got any.
I still think he is a sixteen year old geek, with a pocket protector, no friends and an insane desire to appear big in front of strangers.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liftman
I still think he is a sixteen year old geek,
Probably seventeen by now...
Old Sep 20th 2004, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by liftman
I still think he is a sixteen year old geek, with a pocket protector, no friends and an insane desire to appear big in front of strangers
.......and SO........much fun to annoy!!!!!!
Old Sep 20th 2004, 4:21 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

In the spirit of the new improved, less bitchy, more informative forum that we all I'm sure would like to see, maybe we can stop kicking someone when they are down and out. Feels like speaking ill of the dead anyway as hes not here to defend himself.

What a softy I am! Who knew eh!

Iain
Old Sep 20th 2004, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

ray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond reputeray1968 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Iain comments + i think Iain ia a big softy

I amlocking this thread now.