Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Back to YVR, or not

Back to YVR, or not

Old Feb 8th 2018, 1:00 pm
Phaedrus by Plato (not5)

Phaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond reputePhaedru5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back to YVR, or not

Definitely go back over! You've done the hard bit now getting your PR it would be nuts to lose it. Go over, activate your PR, then as long as you're not outside Canada for over 2 years in any 5 you can keep your PR and come and go as you please. If you change your mind, you can go back to London.
In my mind its no contest, but then I hate London
You're still young and commitment free (?) We only live once so make the most of it and give things a try.
Old Feb 8th 2018, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

biggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the roughbiggayowl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
$40,123.59 is 7 figures would that work?
You're on easy street with that kind of money...
Old Feb 8th 2018, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the working population dont make such a high income so those who do are part of the upper income class. Maybe not rich but not the norm either.

Originally Posted by biggayowl
It will. But honestly I wouldn't move to Van unless I was on six figures +
Old Feb 11th 2018, 8:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

I second the motion to go over, activate your PR that gives you a few years to decide. While you're at it, spend 1-2 weeks in Vancouver and see if you like it enough to move back.