Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Asthma Inhalers

Asthma Inhalers

Old May 19th 2008, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Asthma Inhalers

Originally Posted by The Hampsons
Macadian, are the dispensing fees based on the number of items dispensed or are they based per visit? Sound like per item, until I read the penultimate paragraph you posted.
Per item...as in per drug unit dispensed. For example, dispensing fee for one Flowvent inhaler is the same fee for 6 inhalers. You now see why I get my GP to put a note on my scripts that I can pick up the repeats all at once if I so wish. The stuff I pay for (oppossed to my health plan for other drugs) I get all at once rather that pick them up monthly at one inhalers at a time (6 prescribed = six dispensing fees)

Hope that clears it up for you.
Old May 19th 2008, 1:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by macadian
Per item...as in per drug unit dispensed. For example, dispensing fee for one Flowvent inhaler is the same fee for 6 inhalers. You now see why I get my GP to put a note on my scripts that I can pick up the repeats all at once if I so wish. The stuff I pay for (oppossed to my health plan for other drugs) I get all at once rather that pick them up monthly at one inhalers at a time (6 prescribed = six dispensing fees)

Hope that clears it up for you.
Interesting, as the flowvent that I have been getting every month only seems to have a two month expiry date.
Old May 19th 2008, 4:14 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Interesting, as the flowvent that I have been getting every month only seems to have a two month expiry date.
My last Flovent (no w) prescription was Feb. 11 this year and the expiry date is May 2009.

Perhaps a change of pharmacy might be in order.
Old May 19th 2008, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of lightBeastie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

That seems a very short expiry date. Just checked the ones I picked up for my son last week - expiry October 2010.
Old May 19th 2008, 8:51 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

Since landing in Fredericton New Brunswick I havent taken any Asthma inhalers. While working in central london I would need three puffs just to get out of the underground

When my inhaler ran out of my salbut I decided to experiment (on myself it was an easy choice to make) and not renew the inhaler. That was over two years agon now and still no problems
Old May 19th 2008, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
My last Flovent (no w) prescription was Feb. 11 this year and the expiry date is May 2009.

Perhaps a change of pharmacy might be in order.
Good advice I feel...a new meaning to the term 'old stock'?