Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Arrived In Ottawa :)

Arrived In Ottawa :)

Old Oct 19th 2014, 3:24 am
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrived In Ottawa :)

I'd suggest Barrhaven. More frequent buses, lots of housing (buy or rent), big Costco being built, quiet and great for family life
Old Oct 19th 2014, 10:10 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrishP
There's a Costco in Kanata
But it doesn't sell beer. Ottawans go to the Gatineau Costco to buy beer. They are easy to spot because of the quantities they purchase.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 1:00 pm

a northern soul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TrishP
Kanata or Barrhaven are prob your best bet as there are a fair number of private rentals available, with a bus stop on every corner. Kanata and Barrhaven are also hubs for express buses during rush hour, so, gives you better flexibility for travel, should you end up working in the downtown core. There are a number of property rental agencies in the city, such as Minto, who rent out town homes, but you're then tied to a 12 month contract.
If you need any help, just PM me.
Thanks a lot! and a 12 month contract is okay for us as it won't come to an end on a city wide moving day
Old Oct 19th 2014, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
But it doesn't sell beer. Ottawans go to the Gatineau Costco to buy beer. They are easy to spot because of the quantities they purchase.
Not just for the beer but the ambiance
Old Oct 26th 2014, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Andy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the roughAndy18913 is a jewel in the rough

Hi, I arrived in Canada in March and live in Barrhaven. I heard all the comments on how it was called "Farhaven" etc etc but i find it a good place to live and now they opened the new bridge its really made access to Ottawa a lot better. i work on the east side of Ottawa and it takes only 20-25min to get to work.

If i can help any or you have any questions please drop me a PM.

Andy
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:18 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy18913
Hi, I arrived in Canada in March and live in Barrhaven. I heard all the comments on how it was called "Farhaven" etc etc but i find it a good place to live and now they opened the new bridge its really made access to Ottawa a lot better. i work on the east side of Ottawa and it takes only 20-25min to get to work.

If i can help any or you have any questions please drop me a PM.

Andy
How very helpful and necessary.....well done You! Great post and offer!......but evidently eventually the report your finding on the post please