Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada

Closed Thread

Old May 1st 2012, 4:38 pm   #1
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anybody Taken Over a Car Lease

Was looking at changing my car..when i saw a couple of lease take overs that seemed pretty good deals..but are they?...has anyone done one of these before?
Sponsored Links
Old May 1st 2012, 4:53 pm   #2
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody Taken Over a Car Lease

My cousin's husband took over a lease of mine. The paperwork was straightforward with minimal costs to transfer. It was convenient for both parties. If someone's put in a healthy deposit initially you get to take advantage of that (lower monthly payments), just make sure the mileage allowance gives you enough headroom, and the vehicle's condition isn't going to cause you unexpected bills at the end of the lease term.
Old May 1st 2012, 4:58 pm   #3
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by R I C H View Post
My cousin's husband took over a lease of mine. The paperwork was straightforward with minimal costs to transfer. It was convenient for both parties. If someone's put in a healthy deposit initially you get to take advantage of that (lower monthly payments), just make sure the mileage allowance gives you enough headroom, and the vehicle's condition isn't going to cause you unexpected bills at the end of the lease term.
well im looking at 2010 Audi A4 with a year left on the lease they are offering a $2500 incentive has done 42k has 45k left on the allowance..I do between 15-20K a year.
Old May 1st 2012, 5:02 pm   #4
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeky_monkey View Post
well im looking at 2010 Audi A4 with a year left on the lease they are offering a $2500 incentive has done 42k has 45k left on the allowance..I do between 15-20K a year.
Sounds like a safe bet then. Are you leasing to off-set costs against a business? If not, is a lease really a good way to spend $ on running a car?
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada