Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Any brits in Whitby/Oshawa Ontario?

Any brits in Whitby/Oshawa Ontario?

Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

petemaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any brits in Whitby/Oshawa Ontario?

?
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:59 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any brits in Whitby/Oshawa Ontario?

Yip there are a few of us.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by petemaz
?
I'm in that area. 69 yr old Brit woman being sponsored for PR. If you want to get in touch please PM me. Born in London UK, came to Canada via Oz, Pakistan and France. Hope all goes well for you here and all the best.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:14 am
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah we meet up, but not a often as we should/used to, due to work and kids etc.

PM me and let me know where you are.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:20 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Been here a year and finding it pretty heavy going! Not made any friends yet!
Ever wondered why that might be ? This might be a clue...

Just had 9 weeks of constant visitors from back home and now left feeling very homesick
Your life's not really "over here" is it, it's part "here" and mostly "back there". Until you live "here" and in the "now" it's doubtful you'll progress much in terms of integration. Meting up with whiny misfit Brits is hardly going to help much.

R.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007

Your life's not really "over here" is it, it's part "here" and mostly "back there". Until you live "here" and in the "now" it's doubtful you'll progress much in terms of integration. Meting up with whiny misfit Brits is hardly going to help much.

R.
Lord Jesus, if there's one thing we should be after avoiding it's "integration". We're not like them and we should enjoy that.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rich_007

R.
Its nice to know we have such helpful people in the forum - NOT! And as for meting up with whiny misfit Brits - they are my family and British, and you know what else - they can spell!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 1:33 am
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by raine66
Yeah we meet up, but not a often as we should/used to, due to work and kids etc.

MMmm.. No kidding.. Should make a date to go out or have a BBQ

petemaz

Your more than welcome to join our little misfit group of familes and single people, we all understand what each have gone through and feel some times, Thats what makes us all good friends.. Feel free to PM here too, I am on the other side in Bowmanville but have UK friends from Ajax to here

Sutherlands
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:07 am
Reunited

Originally Posted by Sutherlands
MMmm.. No kidding.. Should make a date to go out or have a BBQ

petemaz

Your more than welcome to join our little misfit group of familes and single people, we all understand what each have gone through and feel some times, Thats what makes us all good friends.. Feel free to PM here too, I am on the other side in Bowmanville but have UK friends from Ajax to here

Sutherlands
Hello stranger, I have been PM with her so we will have to have a BBQ so she can meet the mad bunch.

I will need to PM me your new number, as I lost it, and you can let me know what your schedule is.
Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:33 pm
JLT
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sutton Coldfield UK until I return to Toronto 2009 or earlier!!
JLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant futureJLT has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dbd33
Lord Jesus, if there's one thing we should be after avoiding it's "integration". We're not like them and we should enjoy that.
Exactly
Old Aug 24th 2008, 4:24 am
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Petemaz nice meeting you and your family ....

Good night out and many more to come..........

Sutherlands.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sutherlands
Petemaz nice meeting you and your family ....

Good night out and many more to come..........

Sutherlands.
Great to meet you guys too! Sent you a PM
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:15 pm
Port of Newcastle

sara76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Must have missed that one, cheers guys!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

coolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the roughcoolmum1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by raine66

hi raine66 we are hopeing to move pickering or whitby when we get our pr that is takeing for ever. we have a 13y boy whoes is looking forword to moveing and we will be renting for a time as cant sell house.any help would be gratfull coolmum1