Am I being took for a mug??

Am I being took for a mug??

Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Am I being took for a mug??

Hi all
Could anyone give me some advice??
I've had a phone call from a new life abroad, who have told me that i need to do an appraisal before we know whether we can move to canada. It cost £100 to do and if you can't go they reckon the refund your money? Has anyone used this way or company?? I did say i had emailed my husbands cv he's a truck driver, but he said it was a waste of time and could mess it up for other brits He didn't give me chance to say that he's already been asked to go for an interview. Any advice please

Michelle

Last edited by ---mlm---; Oct 11th 2007 at 7:17 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:26 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I being took for a mug??

Thats a rip off. Any number of consultants will do free assesments (Andrew Miller, who is well respected on the immigration forum here is one),

Ultimately one suspects they offer free assesments to draw you in, then they try and scare you into needing a consultant and paying a few thousand bucks for the priveledge, but I find it hard to believe anyone still thinks they can charge for an initial assesment...the skilled worker assesment is free on the CIC website after all.

Just remember,there is no obligation, and quite often no need to employ a consultant.

Last edited by iaink; Oct 11th 2007 at 8:00 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Am I being took for a mug??

He was quite abrupt and didn't really give me chance to say much, I was abit confused, I know that there is a need for his qualifications as a driver (HGV Class 1) but now he's said that it put you a on a downer that your dreams not going to become a reality:curse:
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:35 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect most trucking companies would be happy to deal with an enterprising individual rather than a relocation agency thats hawking people around. The agency will cost the employer more to bring people in for sure, and companies like Yanke actively recruit in the UK anyway AFAIK, they have experience in getting work permits, PNP nominations etc.

Many people have walked the path you are taking before, use their freely given advice.

The guy you are dealing with sounds quite unscrupulous to me.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 7:36 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
He was quite abrupt and didn't really give me chance to say much, I was abit confused, I know that there is a need for his qualifications as a driver (HGV Class 1) but now he's said that it put you a on a downer that your dreams not going to become a reality:curse:

As an HGV driver are you aware of the Trucking sub-forum on this site.

I'm not sure if it will help you or not.

Initially I would go with Iains suggestions.

Cheers
Steve
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

Hi all
Could anyone give me some advice??
I've had a phone call from a new life abroad, who have told me that i need to do an appraisal before we know whether we can move to canada. It cost £100 to do and if you can't go they reckon the refund your money? Has anyone used this way or company?? I did say i had emailed my husbands cv he's a truck driver, but he said it was a waste of time and could mess it up for other brits He didn't give me chance to say that he's already been asked to go for an interview. Any advice please

Michelle
Yep a rip off
Old Oct 11th 2007, 8:42 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

You dont need to pay for an assessment. In fact you probably don't need an assessment either - all the info you need to know whether you would qualify for one of the immigration routes is available for free on the CIC website (www.cic.gc.ca)
Old Oct 12th 2007, 8:50 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

There was a company at the immagration show who advised you can move to canada for £10

Spoke with them (for a laugh)
They advised if we filled the forms out and paid £10 they would look to see if my hubby can get work
if we waitied then it would cost £30 from the office

If your hubby is already talking to an employer, then i would leave the lawyer and go alone, do the points test on cic like the other posters have advised, as long as your ok with paper work.

There is aload of info on this site to help everyone, the advise we have received so far is far more than any lawyer has been able to give

Hope that helps

Gill
Old Oct 12th 2007, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

I saw that stand at the emmigration show. The thing is my husband has been asked to go for an interview, which of course he has accepted but we're not able to go out till jan and i've emailed the company with this info but haven't heard anything back. Now with this phone call from A new lifw abroad i'm wondering whether i'm doing the right thing sending his cv off to companies Do companies sort out the paper work??? If he does got a job offer than that makes it a little easier dosen't it?? Any advice please my head hurts

Last edited by ---mlm---; Oct 12th 2007 at 10:23 am.
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:08 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Has your hubby not called them to explain??

Emails should always be followed up with a personal call, maybe ask if he can have an informal interview over the phone and if both your OH is happy and the company then arrange a meeting for january.

If you are then planning a recci for january, try and advise some other companys in the area that you will be there, that way if the first company is not what the OH is looking for there will be other options

What score do you get on cic??
like others have advised, dont listen to a company that charge you, without meeting an employer i cant see how a good job offer would come along.

The company in york advised theyd get him a job through contacts yeah ok, we can do that on recci

id go with your gut feeling and what other posters are saying

Good Luck
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks gill_andy_grew
I will get him to give them a ring later. Do you think i should keep sending his cv off to companies?? I was so hyped up esp after coming back from the show and then my hubby been asked to go for an interview. But now i feel like the stuffin been knocked out of me. Was i running before i could walk

Thanks again

Michelle
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

TRUCKESCAPE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi MIM !

tell them to take a running jump ! go onto the trucking sub forum on this site & your OH will get all the info you want about trucking jobs in Canada ! thres lots of usefull info on there, so good ,some bad, you will find addresses of companys on there as well as links plus theres links to personal blogs of families that have already made the move ! happy reading !
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:36 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

No not at all, there is never a fast easy way in, but you have the MOST difficult part out of the way - ie finding an employer willing to interview a 'foriegner'! I'd still be completely over the moon and take it as a really big hurdle jumped!!!

Forget these muppets - go for the interview (maybe as advised before sort some others out) and enjoy a reccie out there
Old Oct 12th 2007, 12:43 pm

Like others said

If you are ready to go, get the resume of to everyone in the area

You have jumped the first bit and got an employer interested, now is the fun part.
Dont listen to the company £100 to look at your paper work:curse::curse:

We got advised at the beginning £5k to help us move, plus ontop removal etc etc hahahhaha
yeah looks like we are doing it on our own, no lawyers for us, $10k is alot when all said and done.

Good luck and get on the truckers forum, they is some good people on here who can help

Gill
Old Oct 12th 2007, 1:01 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Do companies sort out the paper work???

If he does got a job offer than that makes it a little easier dosen't it
Some do, some dont. Some pay a lawyer or consultant to take care of it...thats how I'm here now.

It certainly does, but it needs to be the right offer and it needs to be approved by service canada.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.