Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Airtransat information.

Airtransat information.

Old May 27th 2008, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

NBJW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Airtransat information.

Just rang Airtransat regarding excess luggage and enquired about taking pets and they DON'T accept them anymore!!!!

Doe's anybody know of any carrier?
Old May 27th 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Airtransat information.

Hi all ...

Been in touch with zoom airlines and they take pets. Anybody wanting information have a look....

http://doghealth.co.uk/travair.htm

http://web.network-airline.com
Old May 27th 2008, 3:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

You might like to try Air Transat again - see this thread
Old May 27th 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

I have been getting quotes to take our two cats from Amsterdam to Calgary,
the company we are sending them with fly them on Airtransat, so they definitely do fly pets.
Old May 27th 2008, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Well They have just lied to me on the phone then!

They said they stopped in november

Last edited by NBJW; May 27th 2008 at 5:38 pm.
Old May 27th 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Originally Posted by NBJW
Well They have just lied to me on the phone then!

They said they stopped in november
Maybe it's just from the UK they have stopped flying pets from. The company we are using, VCK Logistics.NL use Air Transat because they are one of the few airlines who fly direct from Amsterdam to Calgary. We are going to fly the day before the cats via London.

I will check tomorrow it is definitly Air Transat, that is the airline they mention on the quote, prehaps they meant they don't fly animals through private bookings, just through Animal Transportation Companies? Just a thought.
Old May 27th 2008, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you're right Undutchables - I just googled that phone number and it comes up as "Freight Marketing Services", a private company and not Air Transat at all. I've been thinking that info and those contacts in the other thread were for Air Transat and not a third party. Hmmm...

Originally Posted by the undutchables
prehaps they meant they don't fly animals through private bookings, just through Animal Transportation Companies? Just a thought.
Old May 27th 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

bootlecat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Sounds like you're right Undutchables - I just googled that phone number and it comes up as "Freight Marketing Services", a private company and not Air Transat at all. I've been thinking that info and those contacts in the other thread were for Air Transat and not a third party. Hmmm...
It could still be air transat, some airlines will "freight" animals via a shipping company because of the approved processes they have in place, including the obligation to return the animal to the UK if canada won't accept it. If they just dealt with an individual they lose all this protection.
Old May 27th 2008, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bootlecat
It could still be air transat, some airlines will "freight" animals via a shipping company because of the approved processes they have in place, including the obligation to return the animal to the UK if canada won't accept it. If they just dealt with an individual they lose all this protection.
Yes, sounds like AT aren't taking excess baggage pets, but cargo ones can still travel with them via this (or other?) third party. Shame, because that's what bumps the cost up. Didn't it used to be 125 CAD on AT per animal excess baggage, 5 permitted per flight?

I don't think there's a cheap way to bring an average sized dog any more. I'd have a job convincing OH to stump up for the dog at today's prices, it was bad enough back when we were looking
Old May 28th 2008, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Yeah it was £125 but it depends on size of carrier and weight. I think I saw some post saying it cost around £ 650!!

Hey Biink, straying from the thread...stupid question... How do you add a picture to your profile so it is displayed like yours?

Last edited by NBJW; May 28th 2008 at 12:40 am.
Old May 28th 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

bluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nicebluemoon1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by NBJW
Yeah it was £125 but it depends on size of carrier and weight. I think I saw some post saying it cost around £ 650!!

Hey Biink, straying from the thread...stupid question... How do you add a picture to your profile so it is displayed like yours?
Sorry to butt in but thought I would answer your question about the piccy thing....go into "my profile" at top of page and down the left hand side click on "edit avatar". It will then take you to where you can add a picture.
Hope this helps!!