Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Gas Station Loyalty programs Ontario Canada

Gas Station Loyalty programs Ontario Canada

Old Apr 20th 2018, 4:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gas Station Loyalty programs Ontario Canada

Hi Guys,

I fill my truck up quite a lot here on the road in Ontario and was wondering what the best rewards program linked to particular gas stations are?

What are your thoughts and/or experiences. My wife would also want to link to the program that I would be on to bundle points.

Thanks

Farmboy
Old Apr 20th 2018, 5:21 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gas Station Loyalty programs Ontario Canada

I don't know about loyalty programs but Shell stations are better because they have catches on the pump handle to hold the flow open. That saves having to jam the pump while cleaning the windows and whatnot. There are a few other petrol stations with this technology but they're mostly independents. If I were to join a loyalty program I suppose it would be the Shell one.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute

Correction dbd,

Not all Shell gas stations are as high end as yours!! I had to jam my pen knife in the pump handle the other day to keep it flowing.

good job i had it on me too as it was minus 5 and my digits would have been frozen off waiting for alcoholic F-150 to fill!!
Old Apr 20th 2018, 5:45 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Correction dbd,

Not all Shell gas stations are as high end as yours!! I had to jam my pen knife in the pump handle the other day to keep it flowing.

good job i had it on me too as it was minus 5 and my digits would have been frozen off waiting for alcoholic F-150 to fill!!
I keep a number of expired plastic cards in my wallet, Farmboy, so as to give the wallet the precise rigidity to hold the handle open and not fall to the ground when it stops pumping. I use it when at non-Shell stations. I hadn't realized that there were also substandard Shell pumps, that does complicate matters.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I keep a number of expired plastic cards in my wallet, Farmboy, so as to give the wallet the precise rigidity to hold the handle open and not fall to the ground when it stops pumping. I use it when at non-Shell stations. I hadn't realized that there were also substandard Shell pumps, that does complicate matters.
My local Petrocanada has this feature on all of its pumps and it is the reason I use it irrespective of whether it is winter or summer.

Petrocanada has a royalty card thingymajig and my wife got me one when we first moved out of the city and insisted that I use it every time I purchased petrol.

I had no idea what it was for and, about a year ago, I asked her. She told me that it could be used to get other cards that reduced the amount she paid for petrol. When I asked her how much, I learned it could get 5c or 10c off each litre for 200 litres or so. I have never used it, but she does.

When we lived in the city, our local petrol station was a Husky. Again, my wife got us cards that, I believe reduced the amount we had to pay for our CAA membership each year. My wife is the expert on such things, I am not.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 5:58 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
My local Petrocanada has this feature on all of its pumps and it is the reason I use it irrespective of whether it is winter or summer.

Petrocanada has a royalty card thingymajig and my wife got me one when we first moved out of the city and insisted that I use it every time I purchased petrol.

I had no idea what it was for and, about a year ago, I asked her. She told me that it could be used to get other cards that reduced the amount she paid for petrol. When I asked her how much, I learned it could get 5c or 10c off each litre for 200 litres or so. I have never used it, but she does.

When we lived in the city, our local petrol station was a Husky. Again, my wife got us cards that, I believe reduced the amount we had to pay for our CAA membership each year. My wife is the expert on such things, I am not.
I have an airmiles card supplementary to my wife's account. If I swipe it at the petrol pump it asks if I want to pay with airmiles cash. Originally it offered $10, now it offers $50. Of course, I haven't kept track of the rate of accumulation so I don't know what kind of discount that represents but it's something. It's a bit like buying the Christmas groceries with the Loblaws points.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 6:26 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

For the most part we use a card lock and just get money off. For business owners who belong to the Chamber of Commerce or CFIB there are discount programs too.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 7:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Petro Canada has 3c off per litre if you link Petro points to your RBC visa card and double (i think) the petro points and RBC rewards points so I use that.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

We collect Aeroplan miles at Esso, but that's ending soon. They're replacing it with PC points, which you can also collect from Loblaws, No Frills, Independant, Zehrs, Shoppers Drug Mart. And you can get a PC Credit card as well to collect more points. It's a decent points program.
Old Apr 20th 2018, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, you may also have cranky cars like our last two ........... neither the Hyundai wagon nor our current Subaru Forester like Shell gas

It didn't matter what grade, we got the "kangaroo in the engine"

Both seem to like and ran/run well on Chevron
Old Apr 21st 2018, 12:22 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Our Essobstation says it's going to be giving PC Plus points from the summer
Old Apr 21st 2018, 12:31 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by bats
Our Essobstation says it's going to be giving PC Plus points from the summer
But does it have pump latches?
Old Apr 21st 2018, 12:48 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
But does it have pump latches?
I believe it does but I'm not cool enough to use them. They sell Country Stkpke coffee though, and Kawartha Dairy ice cream. What more can you want?
Old Apr 21st 2018, 1:46 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Petro Canada has a well rewarded loyalty program. But the problem is that their gas can sometimes be much more expensive (up to 10c/ltr) than other big brands depending on where you live.

Quality and mileage wise I have heard that Shell's gas is the best but the fact that they are linked to the country's worst loyalty program makes it a no go for me.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Petro Canada has a well rewarded loyalty program. But the problem is that their gas can sometimes be much more expensive (up to 10c/ltr) than other big brands depending on where you live.

Quality and mileage wise I have heard that Shell's gas is the best but the fact that they are linked to the country's worst loyalty program makes it a no go for me.
Yeah I notice that with Petro gas too...in that case I just go to another station to get it. It's not very often their prices are out of synch with the other stations in my area though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.