Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Google street view coming to Canada

Google street view coming to Canada

Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

XCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really nice
Default Google street view coming to Canada

This will be very cool, you can all check out where you are going to live!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/...w.html?ref=rss
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Google street view coming to Canada

shame its not coming here.

i'm more interested to see it in my old uk town so i can see where i lived lol
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Alanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant futureAlanandson has a brilliant future

I've seen a google-branded car heading around Calgary several times. Looking forward to when they finally get footage up and live.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:37 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen it around Winnipeg in the last 2 weeks.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:45 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope the google car is "domestic" for driving around Windsor - unless they fancy getting abuse from the locals
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

ahh Canada, welcome to 2004
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:28 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phat-dave

Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:29 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I think streetview is great to look at, but I doubt I would think that if my house was on it. You can see far too much detail, and although they blur out the faces slightly you can still recognise people by their shape/stance. A little too intrusive.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:40 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

XCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really niceXCMTBer is just really nice

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I think streetview is great to look at, but I doubt I would think that if my house was on it. You can see far too much detail, and although they blur out the faces slightly you can still recognise people by their shape/stance. A little too intrusive.
you can request to have your whole house deleted if you wish, does anyone really care if they are on street view? unless of course you are doing something you dubious?
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:44 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XCMTBer
you can request to have your whole house deleted if you wish, does anyone really care if they are on street view? unless of course you are doing something you dubious?
I do! I think it is an invasion of privacy. Nothing to do with any dubious going on just purely a matter of why should you have to worry about living in a goldfish bowl.

Are you one of the /stittsville Swingers then???
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:41 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by XCMTBer
Thats a little naive really. You can live a blameless life, but have known some odd people in the past. ie exes and not want to be found. You may not want to have your house photographed with Friend Ys car in your drive. You may not want people to know that you still work at blah blah.

I'm uncomfortable with the idea of it.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

paranoid much?

we had this exact debate a few years ago when it was first launched in australia - at the end of the day, who cares. who cares if your car is in the driveway, who cares if you havent mowed the grass... how is it any different to someone taking photos of your home and putting them on photobucket/flickr or one of the other publically available sites.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

^ what he said!

And if you are really bothered about the car on your drive :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1l0BpGSPOs

Last edited by XCMTBer; Jun 18th 2009 at 2:03 am.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 2:02 am

paranoid much?

we had this exact debate a few years ago when it was first launched in australia - at the end of the day, who cares. who cares if your car is in the driveway, who cares if you havent mowed the grass... how is it any different to someone taking photos of your home and putting them on photobucket/flickr or one of the other publically available sites.
But why would someone do that? what purpose does it serve?
I think when it's that close up that you can see in peoples windows, then there is a real privacy issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.