Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

In/Out of Canada

In/Out of Canada

Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of
Default In/Out of Canada

My nephew is currently staying with us for 3 months before he has to return to the UK, what I want to know is will he have any problems coming back into the country after a 2 week break to stay with us for another 3 months, then another 3 months etc.

As I understand things all he will be allowed is a 3 month stay so our plan is to keep taking him stateside and keep qualifying, what I want to know is, is this allowed?

He is not working but we are hoping he will do his grade 12 online via the ICS Canada and then apply for a student visa and stay here in his own right, he has no UK school quals so he cannot apply for the student visa now. The poor guy needs a break in life so hopefully someone will have some good news!

HH
Old Jun 30th 2009, 1:56 am
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In/Out of Canada

I think you'd get away with it once as you're allowed to stay 6 months at the officers discretion, but doing it again in a short space of time, think you'd be pushing it tbh....
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by G77
I think you'd get away with it once as you're allowed to stay 6 months at the officers discretion, but doing it again in a short space of time, think you'd be pushing it tbh....
Can this 6 months be done in retrospect? IE we go back to the airport and ask for an extension? We have 3 months now cos thats all we thought he was allowed.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

G77 Found my answer thanks fo the reply.

HH