Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

hi new to the site moving to kamloops

hi new to the site moving to kamloops

Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:04 am
Just Joined

maxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nicemaxinehynes is just really nice
Smile hi new to the site moving to kamloops

hi hynes family here, me max,husband pat and 2 boys ciaran 13 and liam 12, need a bit of help. just sold house so as soon as it goes through will be of hopefully oct, husband has job, painting and decorating we are getting in on the pnp. just need to know about did others take all there worldly goods or sell everything and start a fresh not sure what to do any ideas would be good. anyone else moved to kamloops from here with kids would be nice to talk we are all very excited and cant wait to start new life look out canada here we come love max
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:01 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi new to the site moving to kamloops

Some sold pretty much everything, as we did, other brought over a boat load! Apart from personal stuff, we got rid of the rest and started again. Few things I wish I had know about and kept, but in general we were happy with our decision. Apart from personal items, if the cost of shipping added to the money we got for selling it was close to replacement, we figured we might as well get new. good furniture in Canada is way better than the UK, saying that there is a lot of junk, so you have to know where to look.

Don't live in Kamloops, but drop in quite often. Great scenery and location.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Hi
Welcome to BE, we are just at the moving stage and not taking everything. We've decided to take dinning table and chairs, as they cost nearly as much as the shipping, plus one king size bed thats nearly new, then just odds and sods, bedding towels clothes etc.
If you search the threads there are a few comments on this, with people saying they wish they had taken everything.
Good luck with your move
Old Aug 17th 2008, 3:54 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to BE
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:38 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to a future Kamloopian.

I hope you enjoy it here.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Welcome to BE. We brought a 20ft container load (most of it was reasonably new and of decent quality) and on reflection, wished we squeezed in a bit more!

Best wishes with the move across.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

Hi,
I am english and my boyfriend is canadian, we met in uk but are now very seriously considering moving to Kamloops, he is from the area.
Does anyone have any good advice and an idea of costs we might expect would be really helpful too!! Would be really nice to get an idea of how long it took for people to get there visa and what type you applied for as i have no idea and find the canadian government site rather confusing!
Any help is much appreciated!!!
Pip