Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

$45k a year in Toronto?

$45k a year in Toronto?

Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:25 am
Just Joined

mike24wc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default $45k a year in Toronto?

i have taken a job in Toronto, and i am unsure of the wage they have offered me. 45000CAD for the 1st 6 months then 55000CAD after that, they are providing me with a phone, accommodation for the 1st couple of months health and dental and a pool car.......i will be working as a installation manager. can anyone help me please

Cheers Mike
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP PLEASE!!

Welcome to BE.

I'll change your thread title so it's a bit more specific and hopefully those in the Toronto area will be able to help.

Is it just you, or will you be supporting a family on that salary? What sort of lifestyle do you want (how many cars, type of accommodation etc) and whereabouts do you want to live?

Cost of living will be about the same (very roughly) as in the UK, so if you could survive fine on £28k then that should give you some info at least.

And if the wage isn't the going rate for the job then the LMO won't be granted anyway. What's the NOC code?
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Default Re: $45k a year in Toronto?

hi Chris, thanks

it is just myself moving, i will have no need for a car, if i do i can hire one for the weekend, i would like to live down town Toronto but i know it can be expensive so was thinking of sharing a room, i know you can get a nice room with utilities for around 900CAD a month

i have had the LMO confirmed, my employer is now asking when i can move over and just wanted to get some clarification on the wage issue.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:45 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at car sharing schemes. zip car is one.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 12:26 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

autoshare is another and works out cheaper for occasional users.
metro pass is around $140 and TTC is perfectly usable if you do live dowtown.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

cheers the company have a pool car that we can use but it has to be dropped back to the office each night, i think the TTC will be the best option