The Yes No vote

Old Sep 25th 2017, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Yes No vote

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I didn't specify the source of the prejudice as there are many, but prejudice they are no matter their source. Religion, ignorance, fear even all lead to the dreaded P word. There is no reason I can see that doesn't simply equate to 'well it just aint right is it?' and let's face it the only defence of that is 'well I'm entitled to my opinion'. That's true, but having that strong a negative opinion of something that doesn't affect you one bit, seems a bit selfish.
It appears religion has a very strong pull. I guess if you have devoted your entire life to something and you believe everything that is written by your imaginary friend in the sky and believe it down to the core, gay marriage (sorry PC that up - same sex marriage) is going to be quite disturbing and for many, force them out to vote no.

I wouldn't know. I am not religious. Perhaps someone with those beliefs needs to jump in.

Not sure its being prejudice in a nasty sense as we are all prejudice in some form or another towards certain topics.

Tony Abbott doesn't believe in same sex marriage because his imaginary friend in the sky says so. But he has a gay daughter and loves her dearly.

Last edited by Beoz; Sep 25th 2017 at 9:58 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beoz
It appears religion has a very strong pull. I guess if you have devoted your entire life to something and you believe everything that is written by your imaginary friend in the sky and believe it down to the core, gay marriage (sorry PC that up - same sex marriage) is going to be quite disturbing and for many, force them out to vote no.

I wouldn't know. I am not religious. Perhaps someone with those beliefs needs to jump in.

Not sure its being prejudice in a nasty sense as we are all prejudice in some form or another towards certain topics.

Tony Abbott doesn't believe in same sex marriage because his imaginary friend in the sky says so. But he has a gay daughter and loves her dearly.
Oh I agree, we're all prejudiced in some shape or form, it's human nature. It's very clear cut in this case though, there is nothing rational about objecting to someone elses happiness, if it doesn't impact on your own.

It's like buying buying a new car. You love your new car, you polish it, keep it tidy and are very proud of it. Then someone who lives very slightly differently to you buys the same model, and all of a sudden you feel as if your car isn't that special anymore because them lot can have them too. It's bull crap.

As for Abbott, a step in the right direction would be to embrace reality by recognising that a book that says he is to hate his daughter for her sexuality is blatant bollocks, and bin it entirely. Picking and choosing bits that you agree / disagree with aint an option if you want to be taken seriously in your dedication to your beliefs.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Sep 25th 2017 at 11:05 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:34 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Abbott's SISTER is gay...not sure about either of his daughters!
Old Sep 25th 2017, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yeah you're right, just had a look and his daughter is simply voting yes in support of her aunty. Does bring up another issue though, some of my no voting mates think voting yes makes me gay. Dickheads
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
He loves her too
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah you're right, just had a look and his daughter is simply voting yes in support of her aunty. Does bring up another issue though, some of my no voting mates think voting yes makes me gay. Dickheads
New mates required
Old Sep 25th 2017, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

New mates required
I use it in its loosest possible sense, acquaintance may have been more accurate haha
Old Sep 26th 2017, 12:13 am
Account Closed

He loves her too
What, in the erm South Australian way?
Old Sep 26th 2017, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What, in the erm South Australian way?
I am not sure what the bible says about that.
Old Sep 26th 2017, 12:27 am
Account Closed

I am not sure what the bible says about that.
If it's alright for John Snow it's alright by me haha
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:52 am
Account Closed

I see that Mr Abbott has thrown his weight behind protests about a pro gay song being performed at the NRL grand final. I happen to agree with him, the game shouldn't be politicised it's a game not a soap box. I can see loads of celebrities giving it to him for slamming free speech. They'd soon be up in arms if a homophobic song was being performed. Leave well alone peeps, let people enjoy a game not a rally.

i
Old Sep 28th 2017, 10:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I see that Mr Abbott has thrown his weight behind protests about a pro gay song being performed at the NRL grand final. I happen to agree with him, the game shouldn't be politicised it's a game not a soap box. I can see loads of celebrities giving it to him for slamming free speech. They'd soon be up in arms if a homophobic song was being performed. Leave well alone peeps, let people enjoy a game not a rally.
I would hope anyone, regardless of celebrity, would be up in arms. Homophobia has no place in society and singing about it on a national platform is many shades of wrong. There is nothing wrong with singing about love. You're comparing apples with oranges. Same Love is one of his biggest hits, it would be weird if he didn't include it.

I would also argue that Marriage Equality isn't really political, not in the sense that it's one party or another. There are many on both sides that are for it.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I would hope anyone, regardless of celebrity, would be up in arms. Homophobia has no place in society and singing about it on a national platform is many shades of wrong. There is nothing wrong with singing about love. You're comparing apples with oranges. Same Love is one of his biggest hits, it would be weird if he didn't include it.

I would also argue that Marriage Equality isn't really political, not in the sense that it's one party or another. There are many on both sides that are for it.
Of course homophobia is unacceptable, but if you're allowing one side of a debate a forum, then it;s only fair to let the other side have the same opportunity.

It is political, and has no place in a non political forum. What the NRL, and now the AFL are saying is a big **** you to their fans who are no voters, which in itself is discriminatory. I would never vote anything but yes, but it's most certainly not because of any campaigning. I personally think that this will cause an awful lot of people not to vote. I think it'll be a close call and way closer than it would be if people were just left alone to make their own minds up.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Of course homophobia is unacceptable, but if you're allowing one side of a debate a forum, then it;s only fair to let the other side have the same opportunity.

It is political, and has no place in a non political forum. What the NRL, and now the AFL are saying is a big **** you to their fans who are no voters, which in itself is discriminatory. I would never vote anything but yes, but it's most certainly not because of any campaigning. I personally think that this will cause an awful lot of people not to vote. I think it'll be a close call and way closer than it would be if people were just left alone to make their own minds up.
Old Sep 28th 2017, 11:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the Attorney General agrees with me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.