The Yes No vote

Old Sep 21st 2017, 10:45 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Yes No vote

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Looks like someone from the yes campaign has headbutted Abbott.
So Mr Shirtfront is claiming he got headbutted on account of his "no" views, rather than everything else he's done?

Trying to care, trying to care, trying to care ......... nope, sorry, can't manage it.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GarryP
So Mr Shirtfront is claiming he got headbutted on account of his "no" views, rather than everything else he's done?

Trying to care, trying to care, trying to care ......... nope, sorry, can't manage it.
Preaching tolerance by nutting people you disagree with, way to go.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You bigot. (Sorry I had to stop to name calling but well worth it)
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:45 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Preaching tolerance by nutting people you disagree with, way to go.
Originally Posted by Beoz
You bigot. (Sorry I had to stop to name calling but well worth it)
Hang on, since when have I preached tolerance?

I've got more and more intolerant of arseholes over the years, and I don't think I've ever held back on making that clear. Have I Beoz?

Similarly, it's not bigoted to laugh at someone who claimed he was going to 'shirtfront Putin' and tried to intimidate a woman by punching the wall by the side of her head, getting a gentle Glasgow kiss by a 59 year old man. Seems ironically appropriate somehow.

Maybe Abbott should take lessons from Prescott. Or maybe just be less of a (judge sanctioned term) cɐnt.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
If you want to put that spin on it, then are we good for multiple spouses? Fair is fair after all.

To be frank, I think that's a much more honest system than the current status quo with marriage and the plague of serial monogamy.

Marriage has basically lost all meaning already, so why not. We're a throwaway society after all.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 11:52 pm
Account Closed

Hang on, since when have I preached tolerance?

I've got more and more intolerant of arseholes over the years, and I don't think I've ever held back on making that clear. Have I Beoz?

Similarly, it's not bigoted to laugh at someone who claimed he was going to 'shirtfront Putin' and tried to intimidate a woman by punching the wall by the side of her head, getting a gentle Glasgow kiss by a 59 year old man. Seems ironically appropriate somehow.

Maybe Abbott should take lessons from Prescott. Or maybe just be less of a (judge sanctioned term) cɐnt.
Was it you that nutted him then? That's who I was referring to It reinforces the unwashed twat impression of them really.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:07 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Was it you that nutted him then? That's who I was referring to It reinforces the unwashed twat impression of them really.
Ahh, so you were talking about this individual from NSW then?

Personally I don't think nutting him was the best move. Pelting with rotten fruit (or onions) for his destructive behaviour and climate change denial that will cost lives would be more the thing - or a custard pie every day if you are feeling charitable.

Nutting is ironic though, given his past behaviour. It's obviously OK to him.

Isn't it weird that it's somehow OK for him to cause so much misery, but the moment that gets some kickback, somehow it's all not acceptable?

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 12:41 am
Account Closed

Ahh, so you were talking about this individual from NSW then?

Personally I don't think nutting him was the best move. Pelting with rotten fruit (or onions) for his destructive behaviour and climate change denial that will cost lives would be more the thing - or a custard pie every day if you are feeling charitable.

Nutting is ironic though, given his past behaviour. It's obviously OK to him.

Isn't it weird that it's somehow OK for him to cause so much misery, but the moment that gets some kickback, somehow it's all not acceptable?

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
You can't go nutting everyone you have a grievance with, pretty much every politician on the planet is responsible for wronging someone , but as they say 'you can't please all of the people all of the time'
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Trouble is the LGBTI folk have been bullied to death over the years. If a child was bullied to such an extent in the playground and he suddenly fought back everyone would praise him for standing up for himself. When a few yes voters get verbally aggressive (ignoring the Abbott event - totally out of order) everyone complains and says it's unfair. So ****ing hypocritical.

There should be no bullying or abuse anywhere but I can fully understand when people reach the end of their tether from constant abuse, being told they're not allowed to marry or that they are not equal to others.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Trouble is the LGBTI folk have been bullied to death over the years. If a child was bullied to such an extent in the playground and he suddenly fought back everyone would praise him for standing up for himself. When a few yes voters get verbally aggressive (ignoring the Abbott event - totally out of order) everyone complains and says it's unfair. So ****ing hypocritical.

There should be no bullying or abuse anywhere but I can fully understand when people reach the end of their tether from constant abuse, being told they're not allowed to marry or that they are not equal to others.

This bullying thing is a bit of a furphy, I copped it almost every day of my Childhood re wearing national health "specials" long sighted glasses. It honestly toughened me up. You either have a victims character or you don't. Irrespective of the reasons..... Special mention to the Mediterranean's here in Melbournes North and Sydney's West who claimed ownership of the collective term "Wogs"

Legislate against it and you end up with all sorts of inequality and pandering. The "Boy named Sue" route is a far better one IMO.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 22nd 2017 at 2:28 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 2:29 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
This bullying thing is a bit of a furphy, I copped it almost every day of my Childhood re wearing long sighted glasses. It honestly toughened me up. You either have a victims character or you don't. Irrespective of the reasons..... Special mention to the Mediterranean's here in Melbournes North and Sydney's West who claimed ownership of the collective term "Wogs"

Legislate against it and you end up with all sorts of inequality and pandering.
The countless young people who've killed themselves after being bullied online or in person demonstrates that 'this bullying thing' is far from a furphy.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:15 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Who the hell didn't get bullied or had the micky taken when at school?

Strange thing is, thinking back, there were no examples I can recall of anyone topping themselves. People died in accidents, and there were even murders, but I don't recall any suicides. It was a rough area, and you were expected to look after yourself and not be a victim - maybe that was part of it.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:25 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Some photos from Maidstone, Melbourne today...thanks Mal!
Attached Thumbnails The Yes No vote-21687471_1600407779981850_3901762707887172013_n.jpg   The Yes No vote-21687690_1600407666648528_7783712926697687388_n.jpg   The Yes No vote-21687796_1600407729981855_4439515860108610269_n.jpg   The Yes No vote-21687927_1600407806648514_2726519357751491361_n.jpg   The Yes No vote-21752318_1600407663315195_8733938628092083473_n.jpg  

Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:25 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Who the hell didn't get bullied or had the micky taken when at school?

Strange thing is, thinking back, there were no examples I can recall of anyone topping themselves. People died in accidents, and there were even murders, but I don't recall any suicides. It was a rough area, and you were expected to look after yourself and not be a victim - maybe that was part of it.
I do think the pressures of bullying now are completely different though due to social media. When we were kids, it happened at school, or in your neighbourhood, but you could go home and get respite in most cases.

Now you go home and you get it on your phone, or you tablet, etc. Yes you can block people but you still 'hear' what is being said through friends, or other family members and for many I think that it feels like there is only one way to escape.

And yes, suicide did still happen when we were younger - and attempted suicide, alcoholism, drugs, etc - any way to escape for some. Some people have a natural safety net in family and friends, but even that is no guarantee that someone will see how low you are, or how bad things seem to you. If anyone sees or hears something that suggests someone is at a low, don't be afraid to ask if they are okay and offer at the very least a good ear. There are lots of support out there too if it is you at that low - https://www.beyondblue.org.au/ is one of the more famous, but you can see your GP for support too

Above all else, bullying is not a 'furphy' or any other term you want to apply for some - and because you experienced bullying and got over it without support does not mean everyone can. Deriding them for it, or dismissing it, does none of us any good!
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
This bullying thing is a bit of a furphy, I copped it almost every day of my Childhood re wearing national health "specials" long sighted glasses. It honestly toughened me up. You either have a victims character or you don't. Irrespective of the reasons..... Special mention to the Mediterranean's here in Melbournes North and Sydney's West who claimed ownership of the collective term "Wogs"

Legislate against it and you end up with all sorts of inequality and pandering. The "Boy named Sue" route is a far better one IMO.
Yep. Toughen up princess comes to mind.

I got hit with a cane by parents and school. Over in 5 minutes ..... onwards and upwards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.