The Yes No vote

Old Oct 15th 2017, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Yes No vote

Originally Posted by Beoz
Well he has played the bigotry card. Why not. The other side have been playing it for years.

"Traditional believers will be vulnerable to discrimination suits and other kinds of bullying for their beliefs. Some may lose their jobs, promotions, businesses, political careers."

And they say we don't need a vote. Really?
It's already illegal to discriminate, this vote changes nothing on that front and it won't force churches to conduct same sex marriages. It literally changes nothing for the church, so we're back to good old discrimination for the sake of a cloud wizard's point of view. I think even that though is just a cover up for personally held prejudices, as if 'God told me to vote no' sounds less silly than 'well it just aint natural is it?'

I reckon it'll be heterosexual couples that kill the marriage cash cow for churches anyhow, once they get wind of a church turning down same sex couples most will steer clear. That's people power trumping prejudice, which is as it should be

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Oct 15th 2017 at 10:31 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
What do you mean, provide real data (from today) that negates your point, or bother replying to your bullshit?
I didn't say it wasn't real, I said it was outdated.

For the first, because it's useful to point out the trend, particularly since Trunbull is going to have a bad week. For the second, well I do ask myself that question, frequently.

Actually the two party preferred tends to favour the incumbent, because they have control of the narrative, and the publicity. They can look like they are doing things, and can deliver bribes.

Of course, if they stuff it up, or have a tame press willing to lie for them, that can reverse, which is when they tend to roll the PM.

And PMs are usually out in front and preferred, purely because they get the publicity.
Nope, it favours the opposition. Always has always will. When you start talking bribes you start talking crap. You would not have a snowballs chance in hell with such unproven allegations in a court.

And the coalition are gearing up to try to roll him, and replace with one the chuckle brothers mentioned. That's the issue - Trunbull will have to gut the far right in his party before Christmas if he's to cling on. He certainly has no wins to point to. And as more people get FTTN, more people have reason to hate him personally.
You mean Abbott is gearing up to roll him.

Well Abbott probably needs to look at his own constituent. Now that he has publicly running with the "No" vote which was suppressed before whilst this was not topical, his constituent is changing from a white, family values type area, to one of well travelled youth. His constituent is never going to vote Labor (it doesn't happen on the right side of the latte line), but decent independent will give him a good run and a potential topple.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
It's already illegal to discriminate, this vote changes nothing on that front and it won't force churches to conduct same sex marriages. It literally changes nothing for the church, so we're back to good old discrimination for the sake of a cloud wizard's point of view. I think even that though is just a cover up for personally held prejudices, as if 'God told me to vote no' sounds less silly than 'well it just aint natural is it?'

I reckon it'll be heterosexual couples that kill the marriage cash cow for churches anyhow, once they get wind of a church turning down same sex couples most will steer clear. That's people power trumping prejudice, which is as it should be
Well not really. Churches (and other religions) are ruled by ancient scripts. Followers follow these rightly or wrongly.

What this guy is saying as that the church recognizes reproduction which can only occur between a man and a woman (he is correct), and god put a man and a woman on earth to reproduce (subjective).

Its not discrimination, its partly fact and partly outdated scriptures.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:48 am
Account Closed

Well not really. Churches (and other religions) are ruled by ancient scripts. Followers follow these rightly or wrongly.

What this guy is saying as that the church recognizes reproduction which can only occur between a man and a woman (he is correct), and god put a man and a woman on earth to reproduce (subjective).

Its not discrimination, its partly fact and partly outdated scriptures.
It's discrimination, the fact that it's based on ignorance and fairytails does not excuse it, people use those silly books to mask their own prejudice. Some heterosexual couples can't procreate, is that because god hates them? Love is love. Someone needs to call that arch bishop twat out on his bullshit
Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:49 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't say it wasn't real, I said it was outdated.
2 hours ago for the first story, when posted.

Nope, it favours the opposition. Always has always will. When you start talking bribes you start talking crap. You would not have a snowballs chance in hell with such unproven allegations in a court.
Nope, a dynamic government with good ideas is favoured because of positive press. It's only when the press turns against them that the opposition is favoured, usually when they have been demonstrably useless, or Murdoch is playing kingmaker/give me what I want.

Oh and you think strategic tax cuts and funding of infrastructure isn't a bribe? Why do you think the coalition federal government is handing over so much money to (liberal) NSW, and denying it from (labor) VIC? Outright corruption.

You mean Abbott is gearing up to roll him.
Abbott is poison (in more than one sense) and I doubt the MPs would be stupid enough to back him. However I think they ARE stupid enough to back Dutton.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:59 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

However I think they ARE stupid enough to back Dutton.
They great thing about Dutton is that it will only take a tiny swing for him to lose his seat...something that looks quite likely at the moment!
Old Oct 16th 2017, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

2 hours ago for the first story, when posted.
As I said, still miles ahead. Must be a worry for Shorten and yourself when your own party is ahead in the polls.

Nope, a dynamic government with good ideas is favoured because of positive press. It's only when the press turns against them that the opposition is favoured, usually when they have been demonstrably useless, or Murdoch is playing kingmaker/give me what I want.

Oh and you think strategic tax cuts and funding of infrastructure isn't a bribe? Why do you think the coalition federal government is handing over so much money to (liberal) NSW, and denying it from (labor) VIC? Outright corruption.
Eh? Plenty going on in Victoria. Melbourne Metro, Level Crossing Removal, Tullamarine Freeway, etc. You know, states pay for this stuff too and NSW has plenty of cash, more people, and was neglected for years by Labor.

Abbott is poison (in more than one sense) and I doubt the MPs would be stupid enough to back him. However I think they ARE stupid enough to back Dutton.
Abbott is a publicity nightmare, but did lots of good things. We have been there before. Shall we do it again?

Dutton is on the rise (also a publicity nightmare). Look out.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/the-rise-and-rise-of-peter-dutton-our-new-security-czar-20170718-gxdhz4.html

You need to look a little deeper rather than throwing out what the press feeds you.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
It's discrimination, the fact that it's based on ignorance and fairytails does not excuse it, people use those silly books to mask their own prejudice. Some heterosexual couples can't procreate, is that because god hates them? Love is love. Someone needs to call that arch bishop twat out on his bullshit
Its also discrimination calling it "ignorance and fairytails".

I can't say I disagree, but then again I am discriminatory against religion.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 3:38 am
Account Closed

Its also discrimination calling it "ignorance and fairytails".

I can't say I disagree, but then again I am discriminatory against religion.
We all discriminate against something, every one of us. Don't feel bad about it haha
Old Oct 19th 2017, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

The whole thing a total non issue. It is not my business to decide on the vote for equality of marriage. An elected government should be in a position to decide that from within parliament. Everybody knows what Turnbull's policy was. AS if there is not far more important issues, that actually do impact the day to day lives of people.

Marriage as an institution is of declining relevance anyway. Already in Iceland, more are born out of wed lock.

The same legal entitlements are fine, if that is what same sex want. Marriage really what's the deal with that? But fine go ahead. Just I won't partake.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 10:05 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Yes 61.6%
No 38.4%

79% voted

which is basically the polls before they did any of this.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 10:13 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yes 61.6%
No 38.4%

79% voted

which is basically the polls before they did any of this.
$122m well spent!

75% yes in Warringah...come on Tony!
Old Nov 14th 2017, 10:16 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Originally Posted by bcworld
$122m well spent!

75% yes in Warringah...come on Tony!
Western Sydney with the biggest no vote, Melbourne with the biggest yes.

Ahem.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

As it bloody should be, and they're saying it cost less than 100 Million, which is just less than 100 Million too much. Going to be funny to see how no voters react to being told you lost, get over it.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 10:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes 61.6%
No 38.4%

79% voted
Thank god that debacle's over. Now the f'n imbecilic government can pass the legislation and shut the f up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.