Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Xtrail or Holden ???

Xtrail or Holden ???

Old Jul 10th 2016, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light
Question Xtrail or Holden ???

Hi

We are thinking of buying a 7 seater SUV. Finally we end up with 2 brands considering our budget and needs. I like Holden Captiva LS, but my wife hate it. She likes Nissan Xtrail ST 7 seater.

Really like to get pros and cons from the users of these two branded 7 seaters, so we can decide which one to buy.

Thanks.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xtrail or Holden ???

I have a Captiva 5 and think it's ok. But I heard that the XTrail is very under powered. The Captiva isn't a very powerful car either and not brilliant economically. Have you considered a Mazda CX-5?
Old Jul 10th 2016, 4:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muditha
Hi

We are thinking of buying a 7 seater SUV. Finally we end up with 2 brands considering our budget and needs. I like Holden Captiva LS, but my wife hate it. She likes Nissan Xtrail ST 7 seater.

Really like to get pros and cons from the users of these two branded 7 seaters, so we can decide which one to buy.

Thanks.
I've had an XTrail and a Subaru Forester, so can only compare these 2. The XTrail's steering was very responsive and its pick up was better than the Forester, as I discovered when overtaking on frequent country drives. However, it always felt a bit 'light' to me, and you seemed to feel every bump.

The Forester's steering was a bit more sluggish. Although it was a bit slower to respond when I put my foot down, it definitely had more grunt when it got going. It felt more solid on the road and gave a smoother ride.
Old Jul 10th 2016, 11:48 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to chip in- not my usual country- but we are in Iceland driving an Xtrail at the moment as our rental car. Not a bad car- I don't think it is underpowered, seems pretty good on gravel- haven't tried the really rough stuff. Space seems good- we havent had the seven seats up, we have stored a fare wack of luggage and camera gear with no problem.
We have two Nissans in BC,one, built like a tank -a 2009 Pathfinder- drives great on Winter roads in Canada, other half drives a Rogue- I can't stand it- underpowered and whiney and noisy. Only other SUVS I've driven were a Ford Escape, rental, I liked, in the UK a 2003 Discovery- awful and an XC90 which was fab although had the worst satnav on the planet.
Sorry- probably not relevant at all in Oz and I will butt out..
Old Jul 11th 2016, 8:16 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Sorry to chip in- not my usual country- but we are in Iceland driving an Xtrail at the moment as our rental car. Not a bad car- I don't think it is underpowered, seems pretty good on gravel- haven't tried the really rough stuff. Space seems good- we havent had the seven seats up, we have stored a fare wack of luggage and camera gear with no problem.
We have two Nissans in BC,one, built like a tank -a 2009 Pathfinder- drives great on Winter roads in Canada, other half drives a Rogue- I can't stand it- underpowered and whiney and noisy. Only other SUVS I've driven were a Ford Escape, rental, I liked, in the UK a 2003 Discovery- awful and an XC90 which was fab although had the worst satnav on the planet.
Sorry- probably not relevant at all in Oz and I will butt out..
All contributions welcome!

By the way, I love your goldie avatar - how old is he/she? We have an old boy, nearly 12. We brought him over from Oz with us, he's settled really well. If it wasn't for the 2 ruptured cruciate ligaments, and the associated arthritis, he'd be in the pink of health
Old Jul 11th 2016, 10:11 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
All contributions welcome!

By the way, I love your goldie avatar - how old is he/she? We have an old boy, nearly 12. We brought him over from Oz with us, he's settled really well. If it wasn't for the 2 ruptured cruciate ligaments, and the associated arthritis, he'd be in the pink of health
Thanks

Just going off topic a bit . Old Stinky is just 12. Very arthritic but still a lovely old boy. Sadly he had hip dysplasia despite having parents with excellent hip scores. Total pelvic osteotomy at 9 months on one hip but other too bad so he mainly puts weight on 3 legs. He has done amazingly well considering. No one recognises him in BC as a Golden Retriever- they are all smaller, darker and have narrower muzzles and he clearly isn't, isnt and doesn't!

Just to get back on topic- phone snap today of our rental car in the Eastern Fjords region of Iceland.
Attached Thumbnails Xtrail or Holden ???-image.jpg  

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jul 11th 2016 at 10:13 pm.