Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

why people leave the uk

why people leave the uk

Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: why people leave the uk

Originally Posted by kez81
Its silly to think that teenagers would be like oh im 16 the age of consent best go and have sex now, some do before some after it all depends, age of consent doesnt really come into it i dont think

Maybe there should be a poll on when people first had sex you would be surprised by the response i think.
Also silly to think that it's something you decide upon . . . 'straight or gay, straight or gay . . . I just can't decide', or that you've got to decide it by a particular age.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:52 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartacus
Also silly to think that it's something you decide upon . . . 'straight or gay, straight or gay . . . I just can't decide', or that you've got to decide it by a particular age.
yeh i know he coming across very homophobic i dont know if he is but thats how it seems.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:53 am
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

I left beause Britain is going down the toilet fast with too many 'unskilled' immigrants pouring in and a rise in crime in the areas they decide to settle is unbelieveable.Most of them expect something for nothing.
To get into Oz we have to meet a strict criteria,its a shame the UK doesent set the same high standards.

The lack of funding to Police,Hospitals,in fact,to almost anything is appauling.
Standards can only go south rapidly unless adequate funding is in place.
Theres also the matter of our very own 'Chav happy hand out king and queens' who scam the system instead of getting a job. :curse:

Im not dumb enough to say it doesent go on in Oz but at least the weathers better here!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:53 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

sihtohle......
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've read some twaddle before but this is taking some sort of biscuit G's right - some major bow locks has been typed here. As for the apparent homophobic statements well I'm lost for words.

Don't leave a country because of what you perceive to be happening. Leave because you want an adventure. Sure the sun shines but sometimes when shit happens, because of the sun, it could stink more.

Personally, had I had a bag of knives left in my garden or on the pavement I would have phoned the police and then taken them straight down to them. Council workers are not known for their quick decisions. Surely by leaving them you are in danger of becoming as culpable as the people who left them in the first place.

Australia is a wonderful place with certain problems. As is the UK.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 6:25 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Well I've read some twaddle before but this is taking some sort of biscuit G's right - some major bow locks has been typed here. As for the apparent homophobic statements well I'm lost for words.

Don't leave a country because of what you perceive to be happening. Leave because you want an adventure. Sure the sun shines but sometimes when shit happens, because of the sun, it could stink more.

Personally, had I had a bag of knives left in my garden or on the pavement I would have phoned the police and then taken them straight down to them. Council workers are not known for their quick decisions. Surely by leaving them you are in danger of becoming as culpable as the people who left them in the first place.

I'll think you'll find that most people did leave the UK or are leaving it because of what they think of it. The proof being this thread and the "nice thoughts" that many people have for the UK. I left because of where I felt the country of my birth was heading and I am very fortunate indeed to have the opportunity to live somewhere else of my choosing on my terms.

OK anyone who thinks that Australia doesnt have crime, social problems or any of the trials of modern westernised life is a tit, but the fact remains that many people are quick to say that "Australia is behind the times - 20 years or so behind the UK".

Do you know something ? I really really dont think thats a bad thing...
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:08 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Surely it wouldn't make much difference in England. Most of them would have been buggered in school
......wouldn't make much difference if you went to a catholic school in Brisbane then

G
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If this thread is to continue, then the posters involved in it need to stop making offensive comments. Just because one dislikes someone's sexual preferences does not give anyone the right to use terms that can cause upset or distress to others.
Please be a little more polite and considerate.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 9th 2007 at 7:47 am.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Nice post Pen.

Funny though, some people leave the UK to 'escape' from immigrants only to become an immigrant themselves
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:32 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
really? well there is the otherside of the coin. People who think they are gay, and then get married later in life to the opposite sex.( did they suddenly decide to go back to a normal relationship, OR, just maybe they never were really gay in the first place!) Now, gizza's would have probably have a smile on the face knowing that there missus had been in a female relationship previously, but how many women would like there husband to have be a turd burglar ?
I read the above then realised I was sat at the PC open mouthed.......

WTF is a 'normal' relationship? We're all different, gay bi straight relationships etc.

I think your comment above is undiginified, offensive and very uneducated.

Teenagers will experiment, and some well before the legal age (I did). Why the need to discriminate against a gay/bi or just confused 16 or 17 year old person by upping the legal age to 18? It won't stop them, just means that you probably add to the possible 'guilt' they are going to feel about the whole issue, i.e. worry about social/family acceptance and breaking the law.

Your comment about being taken advantage of by older people, are there any stats out there to prove this? It was a very generalised comment.

Kids do grow up far to fast these days, but hopefully more educated and tolerant about accepting other peoples sexuality than when I was growing up.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by debsy
Nice post Pen.

Funny though, some people leave the UK to 'escape' from immigrants only to become an immigrant themselves
Exactly... who are we to criticize!
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sooty and Sweep
The UK is changing, i am not saying any more or any less than other countries, but my only thought is with the UK, as it is where i live.

Some things to think about, and this takes me back to when i was young the similarities between now and the late 70's are very very similar?

Labour are coming to an end as a political party which is really trusted. You just cannot believe anything they say anymore. Not that i would put any more trust in the Conservatives, but Labour are in power and Brown is a power hungry loner who does not listen to anyone?

The rich are getting richer, the poor poorer, when we as a nation feel poor, it is because of rising costs, real inflation, and the lack of jobs, unemployment.

As we become fed up with all the lies from the government, we take to mind numbing substances more, we drink more, we try to escape to another place. So we are being told we drink too much, well what a surprise?

The young cannot get jobs, cannot afford a car, cannot afford anything, no future, told to stay on at school, get a load of debt, get a degree, to get a minimum paid wage job etc etc.

This is not an excuse, but the public as a whole start to commit more crime, public mis-behaviour becomes something that we see rise, so we need more police on the streets, this costs, so we pay more in tax, we get poorer.

The whole family breakdown starts, the stress and strain on mum and dad is intense, no work, just about afford the basics, dad drinks too much, mum is tired. Society makes the needy and unemployed feel not too good.

The next thing is all the unemployment is blamed on the fact that the goverment have let too many people in the country, they have taken all our jobs. This is where we are at now.

The feel good factor has gone, rising costs, rising unemployment, rising cost of servicing debt, stagnant wages, stagnant house prices.

Brown really does have some work to do if he is to secure another term in office here in the UK.

Because where i am standing, i do not think the British public feel too well off at the moment, and the young kids leaving school just do not stand a chance?
Jesus. What did you have for breakfast.............Mogadon
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:41 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac

I might go and pop my head in the oven now, I was quite happy up until 5 mins ago.

Pass me the Mogadon.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:42 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by framac
What's Mogadon??
Old Nov 9th 2007, 8:53 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
......wouldn't make much difference if you went to a catholic school in Brisbane then

G
Fair point. But one of them is funny enough to be a joke in "Four Wedding and a Funeral" and the other is a sad indictment of organised religion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.