Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Why no reciprocal treatment? (moved from Immigration)

Why no reciprocal treatment? (moved from Immigration)

Old Nov 27th 2013, 10:33 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why no reciprocal treatment? (moved from Immigration)

I actually thought, it was reciprocal, per exact British Nationality status, but I was last in ausilabd many years ago, in fact I thought the aborigines still had it,,,, no no
That was lillee and thomson days.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 9:26 am
Just Joined

abc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud ofabc1 has much to be proud of

Usually there are some form of free movement of people between states that share the same head of state. Anyway, after reading this article ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...uit-juice.html) people should be awared of the costs in Oz. There are some people here (migration or property agents) painting a too rosy picture of Oz.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 10:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abc1
Usually there are some form of free movement of people between states that share the same head of state. Anyway, after reading this article ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...uit-juice.html) people should be awared of the costs in Oz. There are some people here (migration or property agents) painting a too rosy picture of Oz.
Looks like Australia is not for you then

Plenty of other countries to move to - the world is your oyster as the saying goes

Party on Garth

Last edited by Amazulu; Nov 28th 2013 at 10:13 am.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 10:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

You're so funny
Old Nov 28th 2013, 11:52 am

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Old.sparkles and amazulu, in fact to all,
this dailymail snippet, isnt this again people not doing their homework, before
Deciding to pull the plug, and also going for wrong reasons.
My wife (german) were fortunate to travel and work in different parts of the world, sometimes long periods just "globetrotting" so we had a different approach.
But when we decided, where...we took pros and cons..for us and not, other peoples.
In the end...2 things made the difference..
1) If too far away , getting back to europe on trips, for ourselves, or our kids
Being able to take ONLY a short trip to experience another culture.basically too
Expensive.
2) The 4 seasons, we love the changes through the year.

Funny thing is we nearly ended up, in a couple of places, where the descision was
Close.....Mexico, Nepal, India, but we knew here we would have had a top life-style
In comparison to our life now...but we would not have been able to get
Away and travel far from these countries...our wages would of been top,
But only for those countries.
USA, AUSTRALIA, no though we had a few relations. NZ south Isand, nice just too far.
Canada, nearly..just again too far away. But these ideas were OUR choices.
Somehow santa in a sand sledge, didnt float our boat
Old Nov 28th 2013, 12:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuchs01
Old.sparkles and amazulu, in fact to all,
this dailymail snippet, isnt this again people not doing their homework, before
Deciding to pull the plug, and also going for wrong reasons.
My wife (german) were fortunate to travel and work in different parts of the world, sometimes long periods just "globetrotting" so we had a different approach.
But when we decided, where...we took pros and cons..for us and not, other peoples.
In the end...2 things made the difference..
1) If too far away , getting back to europe on trips, for ourselves, or our kids
Being able to take ONLY a short trip to experience another culture.basically too
Expensive.
2) The 4 seasons, we love the changes through the year.

Funny thing is we nearly ended up, in a couple of places, where the descision was
Close.....Mexico, Nepal, India, but we knew here we would have had a top life-style
In comparison to our life now...but we would not have been able to get
Away and travel far from these countries...our wages would of been top,
But only for those countries.
USA, AUSTRALIA, no though we had a few relations. NZ south Isand, nice just too far.
Canada, nearly..just again too far away. But these ideas were OUR choices.
Somehow santa in a sand sledge, didnt float our boat
Its the Daily Mail.
Nuff said.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 1:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

That is also what I think- Oz seems to be on the way to be 'colonized' by asians (especially south asians). British people seem to be on the losing end of this migration. They have to compete on the same pay as them but have to pay double or triple for an airfare back home (not mentioning other relocation costs). Unless the job prospects down under is extremely fantastic, there is no good reason to go down under.

I suppose we could try to get a tow, to move us closer

Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Cost of travel, distance of travel, cost of living, cost of immigration.

They seem to be your hang ups.

There's always Spain .......... Enjoy
Old Nov 29th 2013, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold

It often costs more to fly from Australia to SE Asia than to the UK, I looked at flights to India from here as I would love to backpack around India before I get too old and feeble. Would have been cheaper to fly to Heathrow.
Hey, quite a few Brits are moving to Uganda now, might suit.
Old Nov 30th 2013, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse

Isnt that free market economy/enterprise.
Plus ones wages and a flight price back home, no matter where that home maybe ,has no comparison.plus if ones emmigrated to Australia, one is back home.

I recall something my bruv in law once said when they had emmigrated to NZ.
In a driving lesson my bruv-in-law taking his NZ license, said,
'Oops we dont do this back home, I am sorry'
The repore from the instructor, was simple...'but sir you are home'
Old Nov 30th 2013, 12:10 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike at Taree
It often costs more to fly from Australia to SE Asia than to the UK, I looked at flights to India from here as I would love to backpack around India before I get too old and feeble. Would have been cheaper to fly to Heathrow.
Hey, quite a few Brits are moving to Uganda now, might suit.
Not so

Try Air Asia X. I've flown for under $600 return to Japan, $500 to China, $300 to KL
Old Nov 30th 2013, 3:44 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuchs01
Isnt that free market economy/enterprise.
Plus ones wages and a flight price back home, no matter where that home maybe ,has no comparison.plus if ones emmigrated to Australia, one is back home.

I recall something my bruv in law once said when they had emmigrated to NZ.
In a driving lesson my bruv-in-law taking his NZ license, said,
'Oops we dont do this back home, I am sorry'
The repore from the instructor, was simple...'but sir you are home'
Home is where the heart is........
Old Nov 30th 2013, 3:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Home is where the heart is........
I thought it was wherever you lay your hat
Old Nov 30th 2013, 4:34 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I thought it was wherever you lay your hat
I have hats scattered all over the world though
Old Nov 30th 2013, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I have hats scattered all over the world though
That might explain the gallivanting then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.