Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Too good to be true...

They pay the valuation fee using their valuer and pay the valuers estimated value... slightly misleading I would say... they don't pay the full market value (ie what an ea would say it is worth or what a buyer would pay if it were to go on the market)

We contacted a similar company (who offered thiservice) and they offered more than 50k less than the estate agent valuation price... on a house under 200k ......that is some discount!

For goodness sake unless you are desparate to give away your house get 3 EA valuations and put it on the open market.... likewise the cash buyers who advertise.... they are after a quick flip or huge profit... Dont do it! (unless you are about to be repossessed/ made bankrupt and have NO other alternative)

in my opinion they are all a bunch of sharks.
Old Aug 20th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Too good to be true...

They pay the valuation fee using their valuer and pay the valuers estimated value... slightly misleading I would say... they don't pay the full market value (ie what an ea would say it is worth or what a buyer would pay if it were to go on the market)

We contacted a similar company (who offered thiservice) and they offered more than 50k less than the estate agent valuation price... on a house under 200k ......that is some discount!

For goodness sake unless you are desparate to give away your house get 3 EA valuations and put it on the open market.... likewise the cash buyers who advertise.... they are after a quick flip or huge profit... Dont do it! (unless you are about to be repossessed/ made bankrupt and have NO other alternative)

That is what i was expecting to hear but you never know hey? Can live in hope
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:08 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Too good to be true...

I got in touch with one of these companies too - they offered me roughly 80% of the estate agents valuation.
They did say they would give us a 6 months rent free period but even adding this too the valuation left us a massive 25K less than the valuation.

On the other hand if it doesnt look like our house is going to sell before we have to validate we would be looking at somewhere around 6K for a validation trip (for five of us). The company i talked too pay for their valuation (even if you dont end up selling to them) and up to £500 towards your solicitor plus i wouldnt have to pay an estate agent. Assuming i would also have to be looking at dropping my selling price by several grand in order to try and find a buyer then their offer would not be THAT unattractive. The big advantage of course is that you would be sold, have your money and be on your way to oz in a matter of a couple of weeks.
I intend to hang onto their phone number - just in case

Tiggs
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not in a position to be able to give money away... we reduced our mortgage to interest only until we sell and this has made it cheap enough to keep indefinately... be nice to be sold with cash in bank... but am too tight to do sell a house short for the sake of expeidiency
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:20 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not in a position to be able to give money away... we reduced our mortgage to interest only until we sell and this has made it cheap enough to keep indefinately... be nice to be sold with cash in bank... but am too tight to do sell a house short for the sake of expeidiency
I cant afford to give away money either - but we HAVE to sell to be able to go. I suppose it depends on your priorites but we have spent thousands on getting our visas it would seem daft to throw that away because of losing a few more thousand on the house.
Anyway with a bit of luck it wont come to that - we had two viewings this evening so fingers crossed one of them will make an offer (well i can hope)

Tiggs
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... we are able to go and not sell immediately as my parenets are here in the uk and will handle it for us...

We've had total waste of tiome so far with our viewers, first one was a buy to let investor who offered way below market value then went behind the agents back to offer only slightly more... and the second on sunday was an agent mistake... they drove up. noticed that there was no off road parking and so (virtually) drove off again... they did come in and have a look around, but said before they diod that they didn't want to waste my time becasue of the parking.... we had a nice chat anyway.

The house isn't officially on the market yet.... we have 4 agents round tomorrow and the carpet fitter.... then it will be put on with whoever doesn't piss me off the most...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:33 pm
sneaking a peek ...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you... we are able to go and not sell immediately as my parenets are here in the uk and will handle it for us...

We've had total waste of tiome so far with our viewers, first one was a buy to let investor who offered way below market value then went behind the agents back to offer only slightly more... and the second on sunday was an agent mistake... they drove up. noticed that there was no off road parking and so (virtually) drove off again... they did come in and have a look around, but said before they diod that they didn't want to waste my time becasue of the parking.... we had a nice chat anyway.

The house isn't officially on the market yet.... we have 4 agents round tomorrow and the carpet fitter.... then it will be put on with whoever doesn't piss me off the most...
Sounds like a fun day for you tomorrow
Our estate agent has made a complete hash of the advertising so we have had virtually no interest - however they sorted it last week and lo and behold we get two viewings. I am just mad because if they had got it right in the first place i could have had two viewings per week for the last month!
OK i am supposed to be trying to stay calm about this! Deep breathing required!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

my big worry is getting an offer which is subject to a huge chain... I know they can work, but have also been on the receiving end of a break or two... thank goodness I'm not buying anything anytime soon and not in this country!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the house viewings
Its all gone quiet here
Old Aug 21st 2007, 3:33 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Originally Posted by daunted
Good luck with the house viewings
Its all gone quiet here
We have a full asking price offer!!!
Our potential buyers have an offer on their flat!
But their buyers havent sold yet - so we have an incomplete chain

So with a deep sigh i have told the ea that we will accept on the condition that our buyers are in a position to go ahead - until then we are still on the market.

Onto the next lot of viewers ...
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz

So with a deep sigh i have told the ea that we will accept on the condition that our buyers are in a position to go ahead - until then we are still on the market.

Fingers crossed your chain is completed soon
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

monmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz

congrats.....were still in selling hell....changed estate agents 3 weeks ago, one viewing off them,same old, lovely house bathroom a bit small....so lees spent the weekend putting in a shower over the bath, shower screen and the rest......more bloody money spent on the house and weve dropped the price again
and all we get off the EA is "it will pick up in september"
then september will come and it will be "it picks up again in october "
ive now gone past the stage of whinging im gonna scream very loudly down the ear of my EA if she comes back with a comment like that
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by monmar
congrats.....were still in selling hell....changed estate agents 3 weeks ago, one viewing off them,same old, lovely house bathroom a bit small....so lees spent the weekend putting in a shower over the bath, shower screen and the rest......more bloody money spent on the house and weve dropped the price again
and all we get off the EA is "it will pick up in september"
then september will come and it will be "it picks up again in october "
ive now gone past the stage of whinging im gonna scream very loudly down the ear of my EA if she comes back with a comment like that
If its any consolation I have been told the same thing from my estate agent and it does kinda make sense with the holidays and then wanting to be in for christmas I have agreed to drop the price of my house by £5k today - it takes it into a completely different price bracket when doing an internet search which will hopefully get people through the door again - tis bloody frustrating though hey
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

monmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura aboutmonmar has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by daunted
If its any consolation I have been told the same thing from my estate agent and it does kinda make sense with the holidays and then wanting to be in for christmas I have agreed to drop the price of my house by £5k today - it takes it into a completely different price bracket when doing an internet search which will hopefully get people through the door again - tis bloody frustrating though hey
weve done the same...we are now in a different price bracket, lets see who comes through the door now
i must say though that yesterday i noticed that i think im actually showing signs of stress....sold two items on ebay, one i cant find in the house and the other i put totally the wrong size down for
the problem is though that im losing the will to clean,declutter and keep the house tidy....maybe if i leave it like a pigsty someone might buy it
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by monmar
weve done the same...we are now in a different price bracket, lets see who comes through the door now
i must say though that yesterday i noticed that i think im actually showing signs of stress....sold two items on ebay, one i cant find in the house and the other i put totally the wrong size down for
the problem is though that im losing the will to clean,declutter and keep the house tidy....maybe if i leave it like a pigsty someone might buy it
I know what you mean - i am now of to see what else i can get rid of out of the way - gonna just be an empty shell at this rate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.