Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whats your Christmas dinner menu ?

Whats your Christmas dinner menu ?

Old Dec 22nd 2016, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whats your Christmas dinner menu ?

Thought it might be an idea to see what people are eating and where this Xmas day.

Down at my Daughters place in Torquay.... 16 people more or less.

A simple Terducken (Turkey, Duck, Chicken), BBQ Roast Eye Fillet Steak x 2, Side of Salmon, Roasted Vegetables... probably 5 different types of those. Green Beans, Peas and in the true blue Aussie tradition no sprouts Various Salads..Mushroom Wellington for the Vegies and Vegans on board with us *Sigh* Flat pavlova, with lots of fruit, and a "Snickers" flavoured raw cake. We are supposedly eating alfresco....'cept it's going to be 37C and I personally don't fancy that one little bit. I think I'm the only "pwoper" beer drinker there, so that side of things wont be much fun.

Having it with some new inlaws ....Who apparently are big on Xmas Breakfast.... whatever that means....Guess we'll find out.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 8:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats your Christmas dinner menu ?

Just me and my youngest and I haven't planned what I will be cooking. Probably just fish and salad which is my daughters favourite.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 8:35 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

What a great idea ozzie, I love seeing what other people are having and I love talking about food

Your dinner sounds delicious! I agree about dining al fresco in the heat, don't know about Torquay but in Perth it was a bite for you, a bite for the flies....

It's my second Christmas in the UK, went the whole hog last year and cooked for what seemed like days. Silly in retrospect as there was only Scouse and I, the leftovers would have fed an army. So this year we've booked into a restaurant on the New Brighton waterfront. No cooking and close enough to walk there and weave home

To Start
Homemade soup
Creamy chestnut, bacon & parsnip soup with crusty bread
or French onion soup with chunky gruyere crouton (v)
Baked goats cheese & cranberry tartlet (v) on mixed leaves with a cranberry & port reduction
Paprika smoked salmon & king prawn cocktail
on a bed of mixed leaves, with thousand island dressing, brown bread and butter
Smoked duck breast (gf) with wilted spinach and a plum reduction

Main Course
Your choice of the finest slow roasted cuts of meat hand carved for you at the carvery,
with a choice of juicy fore rib of beef, turkey stuffed with sage and mincemeat stuffing,
crackled loin of pork or succulent lamb with rosemary.
Served with your choice of fresh & seasonal vegetables, roast and new potatoes,
our famous Yorkshire puddings and all the traditional trimmings from the carvery.
(Assorted vegie and seafood options which just make my eyes glaze over)

To Finish
Deluxe Christmas pudding with brandy Anglaise
Trio of our own ice cream in a brandy snap basket
Trio of festive cheese and biscuits with apple, celery & grapes with our own fig chutney
Queen’s Royal trifle made and served individually and with glugs of sherry
Festive Yule log served with a pouring jug of Chantilly cream

Glass of champagne to start, then I'll drink red wine and scouse will drink beer. Probably an Irish coffee or two to finish.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Morning, breakfast in lax hotel. Umm grits and gravy or the waffle machine. Afternoon. Virgin america lounge . Followed by overnight flight to washington dc to start roadtrip. Airline food included,pringles anyone?
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 11:17 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Just me and my youngest and I haven't planned what I will be cooking. Probably just fish and salad which is my daughters favourite.
I feel like a pig now! Great choice for a hot Christmas day in Perth, we always had mainly cold food and fish/seafood was a must. I love being able to have roasts etc now that I'm in the UK, but my waist line is suffering. Well, it would if I had one!
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 11:18 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Morning, breakfast in lax hotel. Umm grits and gravy or the waffle machine. Afternoon. Virgin america lounge . Followed by overnight flight to washington dc to start roadtrip. Airline food included,pringles anyone?
Sometimes what you're doing makes food irrelevant. US roadtrip, woohoo! have a blast Jad.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 11:53 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I feel like a pig now! Great choice for a hot Christmas day in Perth, we always had mainly cold food and fish/seafood was a must. I love being able to have roasts etc now that I'm in the UK, but my waist line is suffering. Well, it would if I had one!
If I wasn't so skint I'd probably have more but $1500 a month Centrelink doesn't go very far!!
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 11:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not really in a Christmas mood this year, so it's just leftovers I think. My daughter is coming tomorrow and I'm making a ham injected with maple syrup and bourbon, cauliflower with sour cream sauce, mashed potatoes and I've made a pumpkin pie for dessert.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 1:03 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by northernbird
If I wasn't so skint I'd probably have more but $1500 a month Centrelink doesn't go very far!!
You're right mate, it doesn't go far and I remember such times well I hope 2017 is the year something wonderful happens for you
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm not really in a Christmas mood this year, so it's just leftovers I think. My daughter is coming tomorrow and I'm making a ham injected with maple syrup and bourbon, cauliflower with sour cream sauce, mashed potatoes and I've made a pumpkin pie for dessert.
Sounds delicious
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 8:37 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I had a very small op on Tuesday, so youngest and Mr Dreamy are in charge of Christmas Dinner (middle and eldest are doing Boxing Day) - it's supposed to be a traditional do, but it may end up being beans on toast.

I'll be happy either way
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

My menu? lots of fun with a collection of happy Italians, the food is incidental
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes what you're doing makes food irrelevant. US roadtrip, woohoo! have a blast Jad.
Yes travel date was not ideal, but after Washington we are heading to the deep South for a few weeks, can you imagine the food!!

Wonder how one eats sensibly down there

Happy Christmas everyone.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 9:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What a great idea ozzie, I love seeing what other people are having and I love talking about food

Your dinner sounds delicious! I agree about dining al fresco in the heat, don't know about Torquay but in Perth it was a bite for you, a bite for the flies....

It's my second Christmas in the UK, went the whole hog last year and cooked for what seemed like days. Silly in retrospect as there was only Scouse and I, the leftovers would have fed an army. So this year we've booked into a restaurant on the New Brighton waterfront. No cooking and close enough to walk there and weave home

To Start
Homemade soup
Creamy chestnut, bacon & parsnip soup with crusty bread
or French onion soup with chunky gruyere crouton (v)
Baked goats cheese & cranberry tartlet (v) on mixed leaves with a cranberry & port reduction
Paprika smoked salmon & king prawn cocktail
on a bed of mixed leaves, with thousand island dressing, brown bread and butter
Smoked duck breast (gf) with wilted spinach and a plum reduction

Main Course
Your choice of the finest slow roasted cuts of meat hand carved for you at the carvery,
with a choice of juicy fore rib of beef, turkey stuffed with sage and mincemeat stuffing,
crackled loin of pork or succulent lamb with rosemary.
Served with your choice of fresh & seasonal vegetables, roast and new potatoes,
our famous Yorkshire puddings and all the traditional trimmings from the carvery.
(Assorted vegie and seafood options which just make my eyes glaze over)

To Finish
Deluxe Christmas pudding with brandy Anglaise
Trio of our own ice cream in a brandy snap basket
Trio of festive cheese and biscuits with apple, celery & grapes with our own fig chutney
Queen’s Royal trifle made and served individually and with glugs of sherry
Festive Yule log served with a pouring jug of Chantilly cream

Glass of champagne to start, then I'll drink red wine and scouse will drink beer. Probably an Irish coffee or two to finish.
I'm coming to your gaff. Oh yes I am.
Old Dec 22nd 2016, 10:08 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'm coming to your gaff. Oh yes I am.
The more the merrier - I'll get them to set another place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.