Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's the worst place you've been to lately?

What's the worst place you've been to lately?

Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:39 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the worst place you've been to lately?

Samuel L Jackson.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Hastings UK ..... could be so much if they fire bombed the scum
Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:14 am
Not so new ;-)

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFluffyTheCampfireSlayer2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Brisbane dump... Summer heatwave...

There appeared to me to be someone driving a bulldozer type vehicle backwards and forwards along a concrete chasm into which people throw their rubbish.

The bulk of the rubbish that I could see sat in large mounds on the other side of the concrete throwing in area. On top of the piles of rubbish, hungry Ibis foraged.

It was hot and I thought the smell was out of this World.

I hope people who work at the dump get paid lots of money.
I used to drive one of the trucks there, taking the waste to Landfill down south. You honestly get used to the smell and hardly notice it!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:29 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

The pic...is...believe it or not (I know...I didn't until I saw the sign next to it) Whitney Houston...I know..amazing likeness hey
Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:52 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artep
The pic...is...believe it or not (I know...I didn't until I saw the sign next to it) Whitney Houston...I know..amazing likeness hey
Must have got a photo of after the funeral...

Old Jan 13th 2013, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Nah.. It's Michael Jackson

Shirley?
Old Jan 13th 2013, 11:00 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Must have got a photo of after the funeral...

eeew!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 11:09 am
....is FAB

Originally Posted by eddie007
Nah.. It's Michael Jackson

Shirley?
Michael Jackson was one of the better ones

Princess Di & Elvis however were in the same league as Whitney... The waxworks was in Surfers...the woman doing the 'tour' of the more sinister section which included severed plastic heads & bit of intestines was very theatrical & over rehearsed & didn't like her routine interrupted. Some poor little four year old got a roasting from her for daring to open her mouth during it.

I'd recommend this place if you just want a good laugh at the effort (or lack of it) put into the models...& like me just enjoy taking the piss
Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:14 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

My own unit in 44 degrees. Because there are no laws protecting tenants from heat waves I was forced to spend the afternoon in a local restaurant with aircon.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I never have to buy kids back to school crap again. Ever.
Ditto. Awesome feeling

Worse place recently - Centro Tweed - beyond crap shopping centre.
Worse place ever - L'Estartit, Spain. Beyond crap. Fricking awful dump.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 5:16 pm
My hovercraft is full of

Ballys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to beholdBallys is a splendid one to behold

The In-Laws for Xmas lunch.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

: The waxworks was in Surfers...the woman doing the 'tour' of the more sinister section which included severed plastic heads & bit of intestines was very theatrical & over rehearsed & didn't like her routine interrupted. Some poor little four year old got a roasting from her for daring to open her mouth during it.
I always wondered who could ever do the Waxworks in Surfers Paradise.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 3:09 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Jackson was one of the better ones

Princess Di & Elvis however were in the same league as Whitney... The waxworks was in Surfers...the woman doing the 'tour' of the more sinister section which included severed plastic heads & bit of intestines was very theatrical & over rehearsed & didn't like her routine interrupted. Some poor little four year old got a roasting from her for daring to open her mouth during it.

I'd recommend this place if you just want a good laugh at the effort (or lack of it) put into the models...& like me just enjoy taking the piss
I can feel a trip to Surfers coming on.

I got called out of the audience at a theme park once to take part in the sound effects show.

So I pretended I was deaf.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I can feel a trip to Surfers coming on.
Don't. Seriously, just don't waste the petrol money.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Worst place to be right now is my kitchen.

Instead of clients giving us the usual nice wine etc, this year the general idea seemed to be 'give entire legs of ham'.

With two already shoved in the fridge, partner goes back to work and comes in with one weighing 11KG. Found it on his desk

I wouldnt mind but nobody here is that keen on ham anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.