Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's Girls Want in Melbourne?

What's Girls Want in Melbourne?

Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all
Default Re: What's Girls Want in Melbourne?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'm lucky. I've always been able to work out what woman want. They pick up on this too. But I am neither a wanker or a metrosexual and proud of it.

I worked it out at a very young age(!)
It's the money isn't it?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm lucky. I've always been able to work out what woman want. They pick up on this too. But I am neither a wanker or a metrosexual and proud of it.

I think you should run courses
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Is your skill to listen to them? I reckon that's what women really want (well, me anyway) - a partner who listens to them, engages with them, respects them, and gives them a bit of attention when required

Failing that, the diamonds, convertibles and chocolates will do!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Much the same as they want in north Brisbane.....Thorntons Truffles (fussy about my chocolate!) and a good bottle of champagne
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I could be classed as a girl by any stretch of imagination, but I was once!

What would I like? A good undisturbed night's sleep. No snoring husband, no snuffly upset baby with chickenpox, no cat hogging half the bed.

Failing that- a pile of diamonds and I can sell a few to employ a nanny for a week or so!
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:42 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

And yet, somehow, there exists an irony, that you still call your wife 'Chief'

Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
And yet, somehow, there exists an irony, that you still call your wife 'Chief'

Yup - because she is in charge - most of the time. ''Other half'' sounds insulting, sort of like I knocked her up at 18 and we've co-habited ever since in amongst pizza and fags, wife implies some sort of medieval ownership.

Half of it is - I reckon, be naughty but nice - nothing wrong with being nice at all. Problem is, alot of blokes try too hard to be naughty, or don't have enough material to be truly so - especially the young ones - and then forget to be nice.

It's either rough diamond or metrosexual - men seem to have few opportunities to really learn about themselves these days.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 2:59 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
I think I can help explain girls to you.

Girls like chocolate, convertible cars and diamonds. They also like to be told how pretty and intelligent they are.

They like to be bought things, although you're often better off just giving them money.

Girls know what men want.

Hope that helps.

Z
How patronising !
Are all the girls you know bimbos?
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:04 am

It's either rough diamond or metrosexual - men seem to have few opportunities to really learn about themselves these days.

Men have as much opportunity to learn about themselves as anyone else. It's purely down to their motivation!

Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
It's the money isn't it?
Not necessarily...although acquisition or prior ownership of it might show enterprise or evidence of good fortune.

Bringing home the dough is sufficient for millions of women.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:07 am

Not necessarily...although acquisition or prior ownership of it might show enterprise or evidence of good fortune.

And for millions of men.... the pay off is that millions of women are still the main child carers at home...and if men had to pay women salaries for the work they do at home, they'd be bankrupt.

Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:08 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

I know I want more than that from my man
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rabsody
Is your skill to listen to them? I reckon that's what women really want (well, me anyway) - a partner who listens to them, engages with them, respects them, and gives them a bit of attention when required

Failing that, the diamonds, convertibles and chocolates will do!
Listening is one skill. But emotional approachability and a little bit of intuition too - right time, right place. Doesn't mean you have to write a poem every 5 minutes ...

It's called emotional intelligence, isn't it? A bit goes a long way for both men and women. Apparently it's a skill that people often don't concentrate on enough.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
And for millions of men.... the pay off is that millions of women are still the main child carers at home...and if men had to pay women salaries for the work they do at home, they'd be bankrupt.

indeed. If the other bod in the relationship earnt more, she'd be the doughmaker and I'd be at home.

Comparitive Advantage. (Economics)
Old Nov 12th 2007, 3:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
I know I want more than that from my man
When I said sufficient, I meant of course that other things counted - by defintion as we are not all billionaires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.