Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What's the best thing you got for free..

What's the best thing you got for free..

Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:01 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's the best thing you got for free..

Me and Mrs go down to the Gold coast today and instead of parking ourselves on the beach we decide to try and blag our way into the Marriott hotel at surfer's.

We've got a cunning plan that if anyone asks were meeting some friends,who are hotel patrons,for lunch....we just strolled right in..easy peasy

Anyway turns out to be a top day at a 5 star hotel..lounging round the pool...reading the free papers...waiters bringing us watermelon..using the hotel towels..etc..whilst the guests are paying $350 a night..

Then over to the local chippie for a $20 feed...

So it's set me thinking....what's the best thing you got for free?
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:10 am
Bring it On

Funkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud ofFunkey Monkey has much to be proud of
Default Re: What's the best thing you got for free..

I did once return a handbag to House of Fraiser as the strap broke. I bought it in the sale for £40, however the full price was £160. I didn't have the receipt and they automatically refunded the whole amount...

Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

My kids
Old Jan 27th 2008, 9:36 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My kids
We've got pictures of our kids dressed in the same colour dress shirts for one of those family portrait kinda things..you know the type..free sitting,but the pics are bloody pricey.

we still laugh when we look at em,cos we bought the shirts from marks and spencers in the morning,kept all the packaging and took the shirts back in the afternoon...
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
We've got pictures of our kids dressed in the same colour dress shirts for one of those family portrait kinda things..you know the type..free sitting,but the pics are bloody pricey.

we still laugh when we look at em,cos we bought the shirts from marks and spencers in the morning,kept all the packaging and took the shirts back in the afternoon...
Old Jan 27th 2008, 1:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

An education.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 1:28 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
My kids
I had to work hard for mine
Old Jan 27th 2008, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

My kids came free but I'v been paying for them ever since.

Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:08 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Went to get some DKNY summer perfume that was on offer. They had sold out and phoned all the shops in the area who had also sold out so I offered to buy the tester and the kind shop assistant said I could have it!!
I am easily pleased...
J x
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:13 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Me and Mrs go down to the Gold coast today and instead of parking ourselves on the beach we decide to try and blag our way into the Marriott hotel at surfer's.

We've got a cunning plan that if anyone asks were meeting some friends,who are hotel patrons,for lunch....we just strolled right in..easy peasy

Anyway turns out to be a top day at a 5 star hotel..lounging round the pool...reading the free papers...waiters bringing us watermelon..using the hotel towels..etc..whilst the guests are paying $350 a night..

Then over to the local chippie for a $20 feed...

My Mum and step dad recently returned from Tenerife. My Mum had a lie-in every day and s.dad went walking before 9am. He went to a well known hotel they had previously stayed in for a look around and was offered a buffet breakfast. Feeling rude to refuse he did this for the last 4 days of the holiday The greedy sod then went on to have another breakfast with my Mum at 10 am!!!!
J x
Old Jan 27th 2008, 8:14 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
An education.
A sense of humour.
Old Jan 27th 2008, 10:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
A sense of humour.
You reckon?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 2:25 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You reckon?
I make meself laugh, love, sometimes that's all that matters.

Not got me on ignore yet then?
Old Jan 28th 2008, 4:07 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

My kids.

Only a little blood sweat and tears involved.

Last edited by TiddlyPom; Jan 28th 2008 at 4:13 am.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:13 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

A six month holiday to Australia in 2003

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.