Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What would make someone a no go zone?

What would make someone a no go zone?

Old Feb 16th 2014, 4:56 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would make someone a no go zone?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
To be honest most women have issues because of the way men treat them. I reckon men are not what they used to be: lazy, metrosexual, nerdy and geeky or try to be a player.
I come from a very traditional background and we seem to be losing a lot of values....perhaps a cliche.
So, women being crazy is men's fault?

If we were just real, macho, men, the women would know their place and everything would be sweetness and light?

That's a curious dissonant mix of militant feminism and sexism ....
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Women who think they are in a position to sit in judgement of others. Especially in that catty way some do incline to do.

Women who somehow think they are the most desirable creatures on earth and nothing like for instance, an interesting mind, worldliness, to be of pleasant company, have a sense of curiosity, adventure on top of being a well formed and considerate human being.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
The main thing I require is low maintaince. High maintainence women and I just don't work.
Avoid at all costs. Not to say emotionally draining.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP

If we were just real, macho, men, the women would know their place and everything would be sweetness and light?

not all the time but people seem to think crazy is a women's thing. Well you suggested it: I know you were partly joking.

I think both genders could behave better at times.

Not sure what macho has to do with being 'real'..macho is a Latin American thing I suppose...
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
As a matter of fact I'd rather a woman be slightly 'high maintenance' than dull. My wife gives herself a hard time over aspects of her dancing and suffers through it but it's nice she has a focus.

I don't care a lot for 'high glam' though.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Don't worry. Mrs Beoz is the most relaxed women I've ever met.

What is rather odd about this thread, the ladies seemed to be focused on the outside whilst the men are focussed on what's within.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

As a matter of fact I'd rather a woman be slightly 'high maintenance' than dull. My wife gives herself a hard time over aspects of her dancing and suffers through it but it's nice she has a focus.

I don't care a lot for 'high glam' though.
High maintenance is when she gives you are hard time. Not herself.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:28 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

not all the time but people seem to think crazy is a women's thing. Well you suggested it: I know you were partly joking.
Well yes, I was trying to tweak the tail. However I have had people say to me before that 'all women are crazy' - and it tends to be women that say it....

Men just seem to have a resigned acceptance that it goes with the territory.

I think both genders could behave better at times.
Yes, but if you look at it, it tends to be women with the long laundry list of 'requirements'. However when you look at the studies, marriage does little to make men happier after the initial period. It's women that really win out of the typical married scenario - with married women being much happier than single.

As such, surely it should be men that are much more picky - since they have less to gain and more, potentially, to lose?

Not sure what macho has to do with being 'real'..macho is a Latin American thing I suppose...
Your description of what you considered wrong with men read like a typical call for 'macho' - when the men were men and the women knew their place; and when geeks and girly men were sneered at. But that's always been more about romantic fiction than a realistic viewpoint. Remember, the geeks rule the earth...
Old Feb 16th 2014, 5:29 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Absofrigginlutely
Old Feb 16th 2014, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well yes, I was trying to tweak the tail. However I have had people say to me before that 'all women are crazy' - and it tends to be women that say it....

Men just seem to have a resigned acceptance that it goes with the territory.

Yes, but if you look at it, it tends to be women with the long laundry list of 'requirements'. However when you look at the studies, marriage does little to make men happier after the initial period. It's women that really win out of the typical married scenario - with married women being much happier than single.

As such, surely it should be men that are much more picky - since they have less to gain and more, potentially, to lose?

Your description of what you considered wrong with men read like a typical call for 'macho' - when the men were men and the women knew their place; and when geeks and girly men were sneered at. But that's always been more about romantic fiction than a realistic viewpoint. Remember, the geeks rule the earth...
I think there are progressive role models for men and women that go beyond the veneer of modern society - that is all I would say on that one.

I've met mentally strong men who are physically unremarkable yet capable of amazing things. And women.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 1:24 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

The main thing I require is low maintaince. High maintainence women and I just don't work.
What defines a high Maintenace person? I say I'm off for my maintenace done when i go for my hair, nails ect to be done and why wouldn't you want someone that looks after themselves and looks good? To me elaborate gardens and old cars are high maintenance not people.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:14 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry. Mrs Beoz is the most relaxed women I've ever met.

What is rather odd about this thread, [some of] the ladies seemed to be focused on the outside whilst the men are focussed on what's within.
Fixed it for you.

I think most of my list related to personality so just you take that back, young man.

But yes, all the other women are shallow as owt

Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:17 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kelli28
What defines a high Maintenace person? I say I'm off for my maintenace done when i go for my hair, nails ect to be done and why wouldn't you want someone that looks after themselves and looks good? To me elaborate gardens and old cars are high maintenance not people.
High maintenance isn't really about appearance (although that can fit in with the definition). To me, high maintenance is someone who is emotionally demanding, a bit 'look at me, look at me' who is so emotionally stunted that they can't bear not to be the centre of attention so insist on you directing all your time and energy at them.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dreamy
High maintenance isn't really about appearance (although that can fit in with the definition). To me, high maintenance is someone who is emotionally demanding, a bit 'look at me, look at me' who is so emotionally stunted that they can't bear not to be the centre of attention so insist on you directing all your time and energy at them.
Spot on
Old Feb 16th 2014, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dreamy
This was the impression I had - except it might not be about needing to be the centre of attention - just needing 'fixing'.. even if it was an inordinate amount of time fixing themselves...

Originally Posted by Kelli28
Nothing wrong with maintaining themselves - I admire women who look after themselves and manage to make it look easy and timeless. My wife never books in for anything but looks good due to her figure posture etc - she doesn't have to dress up in accessories or use fads.

Good taste is key!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.