Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What part of the UK are you from.

View Poll Results: What part of the UK are you from
South West
11.62%
Wales
4.15%
North West (Includes Manchester Lpool Carlisle)
15.35%
Scotland
12.45%
North East (all of Geordie land, down through to York)
5.81%
Ireland.... (Can we include both without upsetting anyone yet?)
3.73%
Midlands (including East Anglia saves me 9 options )
18.26%
South East, London, Home counties, Essex Kent etc
28.63%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

What part of the UK are you from.

Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What part of the UK are you from.

Originally Posted by Weirdstone

And why aren't you coming out tomorrow ??

Ahh couple of reasons, too far for public transport, hence neither of us would be able to drink, (we dont get much time off together as you know so would like to make the most of it) At least the younger two can just about be left now. Beyond that MVictory are at home, for the main game of the home and away season, we all go together to that..

I may do a Coburg one very soon though, as I really do rate our local restaurant, and I'm sure we can trust the kids for that short trip

Early next year I reckon
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:15 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Ahh couple of reasons, too far for public transport, hence neither of us would be able to drink, (we dont get much time off together as you know so would like to make the most of it) At least the younger two can just about be left now. Beyond that MVictory are at home, for the main game of the home and away season, we all go together to that..

I may do a Coburg one very soon though, as I really do rate our local restaurant, and I'm sure we can trust the kids for that short trip

Early next year I reckon
Ok - I'll let you off but you did mention a drink sometime
Can we not go to the Aussie Indian ?
Old Nov 9th 2007, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Ok - I'll let you off but you did mention a drink sometime
Can we not go to the Aussie Indian ?

LOL.... Yes I'll have to make up for that, and the drink. At least it got the ball rolling.

BTW Checked the CPFC BBS, about this Thames barrier stuff, and they dont seem worried at all. I cannot find a bigger London site than that Palace one, with 18,000 registered members it carries a lot of weight as a voice for London, particuarly South London. I'd be interested to see if anyone can come up with a bigger site that represents London.
Old Nov 9th 2007, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BEVS here
This caught my eye

I'm Bournemouth born and bred . Bmth is South West although I know what you mean about being on the South Coast.
Where in Bmth are you? We were in Southbourne.
Hi Bevs,
I grew up in Church Road in Southbourne after I moved to the Bournemouth area aged 9. I have lived in Pokesdown, Somerford, Winton and am currently in the West Way area between Charminster and Castle Lane.

Have you found any areas that remind you of home?

Johnnyyt
Old Nov 10th 2007, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Befnal Green, East London. I mostly meet people from oop north here!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

JacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud ofJacknJill has much to be proud of

Slough, Buckinghamshire
Old Nov 10th 2007, 5:57 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: What part of the UK are you from.

I'm from Oldham - raised in Aus and reluctantly returned as a teenager....
Praying to return to Aus
Dunno about Emmals or Mindblower, BIMHO I hate Oldham.
If we are refused our visa, I'll be off somewhere else ....
J x
Old Nov 10th 2007, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Eastend Girl
Befnal Green, East London. I mostly meet people from oop north here!

Yehp thats my experience as well, Talking of Bethnal green, by Aussie born and raised daughter is trying out her work skills in London, and enjoying herself immensely without any sign of coming back. Thing is she moved into the same road (Mansford st) as my Gran was brought up in Bethnal Green, and wasnt aware it was the same street until we told her. Now thats a big coincdence seeing the size of London, and the fact that the rest of us considered ourselves South Londoners

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 11th 2007 at 12:25 am.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

The numbers of people from the SE are putting paid to the myth that all migrants to Australia formerly lived in terraces in the gaslit North and have chips for tea. (As Ceri famously said once).

But what's this! The Midlands are now doing well.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:19 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Manchester
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Manchester
why hello stranger, hows you?
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
why hello stranger, hows you?
Just thought I would pop my head in for a look round. Lots of very familiar looking names in here.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:22 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Just thought I would pop my head in for a look round. Lots of very familiar looking names in here.
absolutely, saddos r us. Nice to see you
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
absolutely, saddos r us. Nice to see you
You too. Now where's Hutch, I fancy a row.

Only kidding.

Just been doing a Michael Flatley impersonation round the living room after coming within an inch of standing on a scorpion in my bare feet.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 12:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
The numbers of people from the SE are putting paid to the myth that all migrants to Australia formerly lived in terraces in the gaslit North and have chips for tea. (As Ceri famously said once).

But what's this! The Midlands are now doing well.
It's surprised the hell out of me Badge thats for sure. Not only from my personal experience Also people on the CPFC board, there have been quite a few come here and gone back to what they consider is the best area in Europe.... How they can think that is beyond me, but they do... Mostly income and choice related I think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.