Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What part of the UK are you from.

View Poll Results: What part of the UK are you from
South West
11.62%
Wales
4.15%
North West (Includes Manchester Lpool Carlisle)
15.35%
Scotland
12.45%
North East (all of Geordie land, down through to York)
5.81%
Ireland.... (Can we include both without upsetting anyone yet?)
3.73%
Midlands (including East Anglia saves me 9 options )
18.26%
South East, London, Home counties, Essex Kent etc
28.63%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

What part of the UK are you from.

Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:20 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What part of the UK are you from.

Originally Posted by paul30
aparently it's just moved over to lancashire
Oh well they're all the same oop north.

(I'm from Cheshire)
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I'm from oop North Leeds and Bradford and Halifax.

Looks like there are many others too.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:25 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Oh well they're all the same oop north.

(I'm from Cheshire)
Ahh the posh part of lancashire
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:27 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Ahh the posh part of lancashire
Paul from Leeds, hello mate you not like Leeds?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:32 am
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Paul from Leeds, hello mate you not like Leeds?
Hey there. Leeds is a great place. what made you think I don't like it?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:37 am
Account Closed

Hey there. Leeds is a great place. what made you think I don't like it?
Yes it is great. It's just that whenever i speak to people about where i am from, they all frown, moan and groan about it. So i actually hate telling folk i like it....so they don't think i'm some sort of weirdo you know what i mean?

I was there 2 weeks ago actually. Went back for a holiday. Those shops in Leeds are something else. And the pubs
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:46 am
Beach Bum

Yes it is great. It's just that whenever i speak to people about where i am from, they all frown, moan and groan about it. So i actually hate telling folk i like it....so they don't think i'm some sort of weirdo you know what i mean?

I was there 2 weeks ago actually. Went back for a holiday. Those shops in Leeds are something else. And the pubs
It's a shame when people put down where thier from I'm emmigrating cos 1) my family are in Aus and 2) it's something I've always wanted to do but I'll always be a Tyke.
Hope you enjoyed your hol.
Gotta say the thing I'll really miss are the dales (gotta be some of the best countryside in the world)
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:50 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Bradford, Yorks

Interesting post, ozzie. We ten pound poms came mostly from the industrial north, I think, many fleeing the post-war housing shortage and the Coronation St. type houses. For many, emigrating was the only chance they had of owning their own home, and the 3-bed brick and tile on a quarter acre block seemed like paradise compared with that.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 12:54 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Gotta say the thing I'll really miss are the dales (gotta be some of the best countryside in the world)
Oh, agreed, paul. Forty years on and I still miss them. Was evacuated to Horton-in-Ribblesdale during WWII.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:59 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

And the pubs
Was in Leeds 2 days before we took the one way flight (went to pick up Aussie dollars) and as always ended up in Whitelocks

Several pints of Old Peculiar later and still can't remember travelling home to Wakefield

Needless to say was nursing a mega headache the remaining 2 days in the UK

Loz x
Old Nov 6th 2007, 3:01 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Where's Yorkshire?
The RIGHT side of the Pennines
Gods own county

Loz x
Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:03 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

From Edinburgh although home is either there or Lincolnshire.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Apologies I only went with 8 poll choices on purpose. So your lumped in with the Mancs and Scousers I'm afraid Do you think that most people where you come from are happy with their lot. Leeds gets quite a good rap from most these days, as being a decent place to live, by people in the UK that like the UK I mean ?

Its the people from East Anglia that have the most to complain about in my opinion
You're not wrong there - I'm from Cambridge and never in a million years would we have thought of ourselves as midlanders -
Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:24 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

We originally were born and bred in SELondon/Kent but spent the last 5 years down in Cornwall prior to coming out here. We ticked SE.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

From Aberdeen, NE Scotland but father is a Yorkshireman and I've had lots of great holidays in the Bradford, Leeds, Halifax areas. Still have family in Otley, Leeds, Bradford, and Doncaster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.