Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What makes you grumpy?

What makes you grumpy?

Old Apr 20th 2016, 7:05 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default What makes you grumpy?

I'm well into grumpy age. Most things make me grumpy.

These are a few of my (un)favourite things:

Lavatory paper that won't tear cleanly at the perforations.

Golf balls that are so badly made they don't fly where I intend them to.

Service stations that don't have space at the pumps the side that my car has its filler cap.

Australian electrical plugs. (In spades.)

Socks that slip down until they are under my feet.

Icons: I can read - it takes more time to work out what half the icons mean than just to read the title.

And yours?
Old Apr 20th 2016, 7:34 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What makes you grumpy?

Originally Posted by Wol

This...

S
Old Apr 20th 2016, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Daisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond repute

Finding a sock that I dropped on the way to the washing machine after said washing machine is in wash mode, umpteen pairs of shoes, none of which are mine, congregating in the hall instead of in the hall cupboard, lid off toothpaste, filling up with petrol and always going over by 1p (I swear it's rigged!). Oh the list is bloody endless......
Old Apr 20th 2016, 7:57 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
And yours?
Idiots

and all their works.

Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Yep. The trees that jump out and grab my ball make me grumpy too.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 8:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol

I know this is completely irrational but people who indicate to drive around bends in the road that aren't junctions and thus don't need indicating.

It infuriates me for some reason.

S
Old Apr 20th 2016, 10:24 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

People who put the loo roll the wrong way round - if you care about this then you know what I mean.
My kids when the loo roll runs out and they get a new one but can't be arsed to take the card inner off the holder so just hang the new one alongside.
Women who wee on the seat of public loos - why oh why?!
Women who leave craps floating in public loos.
Flies.
Buying a pot of tea and the stupid pot holds 1.5 or 2.5 cups of tea, not a whole number.
Tea pots that drip.
Supermarket checkout people who can't pack properly (just freakin' leave it to me!).
People taking crisps or sweets in wrappers to the cinema - why oh why?!
People who talk in the cinema/ theatre.
People who text in the cinema/ theatre.
When you are shopping at the supermarket and totally digging that 80s rock ballad and then it's spoiled by a barely comprehensible announcement about something on special THAT I DON'T WANT.
Tissues left in pockets in the wash.
We can send folk to the moon but we can't get sunblock off the car paintwork or interior.
Adverts.
When one sock wears out before its buddy.
People who don't pick up after their dog. Ditto those that do and then leave the bag of turd for someone else to collect.

I could go on but I fear this isn't doing my blood pressure any good
Old Apr 20th 2016, 10:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
People who put the loo roll the wrong way round - if you care about this then you know what I mean.
My kids when the loo roll runs out and they get a new one but can't be arsed to take the card inner off the holder so just hang the new one alongside.
Flies.
Buying a pot of tea and the stupid pot holds 1.5 or 2.5 cups of tea, not a whole number.
Tea pots that drip.
Supermarket checkout people who can't pack properly (just freakin' leave it to me!).
When you are shopping at the supermarket and totally digging that 80s rock ballad and then it's spoiled by a barely comprehensible announcement about something on special THAT I DON'T WANT.
We can send folk to the moon but we can't get sunblock off the car paintwork or interior.
Adverts.
People who don't pick up after their dog. Ditto those that do and then leave the bag of turd for someone else to collect.

And breathe
Old Apr 20th 2016, 11:03 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daisytreadlight
Finding a sock that I dropped on the way to the washing machine after said washing machine is in wash mode, umpteen pairs of shoes, none of which are mine, congregating in the hall instead of in the hall cupboard, lid off toothpaste, filling up with petrol and always going over by 1p (I swear it's rigged!). Oh the list is bloody endless......
There's a new washing machine on the market that allows you to add items even if it has started.

Samsung AddWash opens the door to adding extra items during a wash cycle
Old Apr 20th 2016, 11:04 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol

These are a few of my (un)favourite things:

Lavatory paper that won't tear cleanly at the perforations.

Service stations that don't have space at the pumps the side that my car has its filler cap.

Socks that slip down until they are under my feet.

Icons: I can read - it takes more time to work out what half the icons mean than just to read the title.

And yours?
They've not yet made one that can correct your slice, or poor putt. A bad golfer always blames his balls.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 11:07 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Flies.
Tea pots that drip.
Adverts.

I could have written that, but I'd add a couple of items...

People who think that everyone around them on the train a) is impressed that they have a mobile phone, and b) want to hear their conversation.
When the dishwasher is clean but nobody empties it. FFS am I the only person who knows where the clean dishes go?!
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

People that talk loudly.Just because you talk loudly doesnt make what you have to say more important.
People that make a lot of noise when they eat.It drives me crazy.Please don't scrape your teeth on the fork.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:41 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The next door neighbours who insist on playing club music with the bass at maximum. Every. Freakin'. Night!!!
Old Apr 20th 2016, 12:42 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Noisy eaters.
People on motorway sliproads crawling along at 60 instead of getting up to 100.
People who insist on dragging a lawn mower backwards instead of turning around and actually mowing the grass rather than flattening it.
People who insist on mowing over gravel.
Hanging out washing when the sky is clear blue with no clouds and 10 minutes later it's pissing down.
Someone finishing a bottle of beer and without ****ing fail saying 'damn there seems to be a leak in this bottle'.
People's inability to load the dishwasher, let alone unload it.
Being told 'everyone loves chocolate' when no actually, there are many people who loathe it.
People in England texting me to tell me to ring them.
People in England forgetting I exist and not telling me family news.
Tony Robinson.
I'll stop there for now.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

JuliaStein is an unknown quantity at this point

Right now
Bad musicians playing awfully behind my window
A mess with work tasks
Expensive hostels in Amsterdam
Lack of money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.