What the hell..

Old Dec 31st 2016, 11:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What the hell..

Is happening in my life? It's half 10, husband been asleep for two hours, eldest daughter (24) has been in bed since 8 as she's up at silly o'clock for work, youngest daughter (21) is in her room probably naffed off as she her laptop has died, should have been at a party but everyone thought someone else had invited her and as she's also working tomorrow morning couldn't be arsed to go now and I'm on the laptop doing various things, also watching The Royal Variety and reading.

I used to be out from midday to about 3am on NYE.

Happy new year people. If you're reading this you may be as sad as me, if you're not, damn you for having a life!
Old Dec 31st 2016, 11:57 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What the hell..

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Is happening in my life? It's half 10, husband been asleep for two hours, eldest daughter (24) has been in bed since 8 as she's up at silly o'clock for work, youngest daughter (21) is in her room probably naffed off as she her laptop has died, should have been at a party but everyone thought someone else had invited her and as she's also working tomorrow morning couldn't be arsed to go now and I'm on the laptop doing various things, also watching The Royal Variety and reading.

Happy new year people. If you're reading this you may be as sad as me, if you're not, damn you for having a life!
Happy New Year moneypenny! Big plans here too, although it's only 1pm. We're just about about to go for a long walk, then I'll have a nanna nap while scouse watches the football, then tea. Scouse will fall asleep on the sofa around 10:30pm and I'll mess about on my laptop listening to him snore. Party animals, all of us
Old Dec 31st 2016, 12:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Happy New Year moneypenny! Big plans here too, although it's only 1pm. We're just about about to go for a long walk, then I'll have a nanna nap while scouse watches the football, then tea. Scouse will fall asleep on the sofa around 10:30pm and I'll mess about on my laptop listening to him snore. Party animals, all of us
HNY Spouse. I actually don't like NYE, something quite depressing about it really. Might be better if I could find something worthwhile to watch. Maybe I can find an 8 out of 10 cats I've not seen.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

It's called old age.

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 31st 2016, 12:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It's called old age.

Happy New Year!
Thanks Alf. HNY to you and your lovely lady.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 4:20 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

I actually don't like NYE, something quite depressing about it really.
I don't like it either. This whole human concept of chopping up time into these annual fragments just doesn't appeal to me.

To me Jan 1st is just another day and I don't look back at Dec 31th thinking of it as "last year" but simply "yesterday."
Old Dec 31st 2016, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
To me Jan 1st is just another day and I don't look back at Dec 31th thinking of it as "last year" but simply "yesterday."
I think you meant to write "Jan 1th", Astera.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 7:53 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

It was the first year in about 5 that Mr Dreamy managed to stay awake until midnight.

We watched Constantine (random film pick) as a family, then youngest two disappeared to their pcs while Mr Dreamy, EldestDreamy and I watched Star Trek: Next Generation (boys bought us the complete series for Christmas)

11.30pm, we turn over to the ABC for three minutes, decide it's crap, watch 20 minutes of Robbie Williams in Estonia, then turn back to ABC and gather the children together for the fireworks, where we try to work out the 'theme'. It appeared to be death.

It's still not the same without Big Ben donging first, lol.

Jeez, we know how to parrrrtayyyyyy.

Happy New Year though
Old Dec 31st 2016, 9:59 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

ROMFT and the smalls went to the BBL game at the Oval. I stayed home as I had a 'turn' earlier in the week and am still feeling a touch delicate.

Strikers won, kids got ice-cream and saw the fireworks so they were all happy.

I binge-watched Designated Survivor on Netflix and ate crap.

Happy New Year!
Old Dec 31st 2016, 10:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Dreamy
11.30pm, we turn over to the ABC for three minutes, decide it's crap, watch 20 minutes of Robbie Williams in Estonia, then turn back to ABC and gather the children together for the fireworks, where we try to work out the 'theme'. It appeared to be death.
As a massive Robbie fan, that concert was shite. I gave up after about half an hour of not really listening. The fireworks seemed to also be shite and the two morons introducing them were... morons. Even when you don't expect much of a stupid date in the calendar it's still sad when your lowest expectations aren't met.